+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4th cell adapter

RBW Member pollardive is an unknown quantity at this point pollardive's Avatar

4th cell adapter

I have just got my hands on a second hand 4th cell adapter for my classic.When it arrived noticed it was longer than the part I am replacing, therefore putting more downward pressure on the scrubber cartridge.looks like the 4th cell is for the vision and not the classic.Do I cut it to fit or leave alone?Is the bottom thread for the spyder on the vision? Any advise appreicated.
    Kevin.
    Attached Images

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar

Re: 4th cell adapter

what you should have done is buy the correct one, im assuming you have a classic but the cell holder you have brought is for a vision/evo they are not compatable with your unit.

kind regards john
    you know...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    Its about learning to dance in the rain..

Supporting Shearwater Research Products in Europe

yes, to buy the correct one would be advisable. but when I have the one for the vision already .when you say `not compatable` , is the only difference the length of the adapter? and to cut it to the same length of the old one to fit inside the lid?

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

No, they are totally different. The Classic is a two piece design and there are specific design points to ensure correct performance.
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

thanks for clearing that up for me.
    kevin

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

No probs.
    You'll like the classic one better anyway. It's clever.
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

+ Reply to Thread