+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Pursuit Vs. Predator for hCCR?

  1. #1
    RBW Member phylo is an unknown quantity at this point phylo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Santa Cruz, Ca.
    Posts
    251
    rEvo II HCCR

    Dolphin, KISS, Inspiration

    Pursuit Vs. Predator for hCCR?

    Is there a huge difference between the two? Is there an upgrade path?

    Im looking at a couple or hCCR rEvo's at this point and was just curious.

    Phil

  2. #2
    Forever Learning kennethw is an unknown quantity at this point kennethw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    YYZ (formally SIN/LON/YVR)
    Posts
    243
    rEvo III Micro FT / full rMS

    Dräger Dolphin (mCCR)

    Re: Pursuit Vs. Predator for hCCR?

    Quote Originally Posted by phylo  View Original Post
    Is there an upgrade path?
    "The Pursuit is fully upgradeable to the full colour Predator. The upgrade is a circuit board replacement. The upgrade will be $450 CDN plus shipping both ways." according to Shearwater Research - Introducing the Shearwater Predator

  3. #3
    RBW Member phylo is an unknown quantity at this point phylo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Santa Cruz, Ca.
    Posts
    251
    rEvo II HCCR

    Dolphin, KISS, Inspiration

    Re: Pursuit Vs. Predator for hCCR?

    Quote Originally Posted by kennethw  View Original Post
    "The Pursuit is fully upgradeable to the full colour Predator. The upgrade is a circuit board replacement. The upgrade will be $450 CDN plus shipping both ways." according to Shearwater Research - Introducing the Shearwater Predator
    I wonder if the upgrade price is the same if its the controller??

    Phil

  4. #4
    Jeff Tindall icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cartersville, GA
    Posts
    278
    rEvo

    Optima

    Re: Pursuit Vs. Predator for hCCR?

    Quote Originally Posted by phylo  View Original Post
    I wonder if the upgrade price is the same if its the controller??
    When I looked into it, it was the same price. However, you need to take the computer off the unit (wired to the cells) in order to ship it off. Not a big deal, but it is a little work.

    While the new software has some neat improvements, none of them are a must have unless you absolutely have to have VPM-B. The OLED screen is super nice, but the backlit screen was still plenty visible to me at all times while diving (primarily cave diving through).

    I ended up keeping the Pursuit hardwired to control the solenoid/set point and kept a Predator (not connected) as a secondary computer as a gauge and redundant decompression (where the OLED comes in real handy).

    Cheers,
    Jeff

  5. #5
    RBW Member phylo is an unknown quantity at this point phylo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Santa Cruz, Ca.
    Posts
    251
    rEvo II HCCR

    Dolphin, KISS, Inspiration

    Re: Pursuit Vs. Predator for hCCR?

    I just talked to Curt in Seattle and he says its the same price I already have a predator as well and if I do end up picking up your rEvo Ill probably play with the pursuit for a bit and then decide.

    Phil

    Quote Originally Posted by icestac  View Original Post
    When I looked into it, it was the same price. However, you need to take the computer off the unit (wired to the cells) in order to ship it off. Not a big deal, but it is a little work.

    While the new software has some neat improvements, none of them are a must have unless you absolutely have to have VPM-B. The OLED screen is super nice, but the backlit screen was still plenty visible to me at all times while diving (primarily cave diving through).

    I ended up keeping the Pursuit hardwired to control the solenoid/set point and kept a Predator (not connected) as a secondary computer as a gauge and redundant decompression (where the OLED comes in real handy).

    Cheers,
    Jeff

  6. #6
    Stéphane Acounis Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane is a name known to all Stephane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Nantes - France
    Posts
    1,427
    rEvo3 rMS

    rEvo2 HH, rEvo1

    Re: Pursuit Vs. Predator for hCCR?

    Quote Originally Posted by phylo  View Original Post
    I wonder if the upgrade price is the same if its the controller??

    Phil
    It is.

  7. #7
    RBW Member Mr B. is an unknown quantity at this point Mr B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    188
    Sentinel - Ouroboros

    Re: Pursuit Vs. Predator for hCCR?

    Go for Predator!

  8. #8
    RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,135
    rEvo III rMS

    rEvo is all you need!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr B.  View Original Post
    Go for Predator!
    +1. Have fun with it!!!!


    ---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.930073,5.388119
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts