+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sharkskin underwear

RBW Member Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT RMS

Poseidon Discovery Mark VI

Re: Sharkskin underwear

Quote Originally Posted by Cdiver1  View Original Post
    I just made the compressed neoprene to trilam jump as well. In 72* fahrenheit water, when the air temperature is warmer than the water, the sharkskin works great as long as the dives are still under 2 hrs or so. This past weekend when it was 50* fahrenheit on the surface in north florida I upped the undergarments. Although, I don’t have much ‘bioprene’ either (6’1” 140lbs). YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Cdiver1,
    Thanks for this, that's 22.2 degrees C, at that temperature i could wear my 8mm wetsuit and be warm for a long time, then i need to debate with myself whether dry makes more sense :)

Cheers
    Nicolas

RBW Member Cdiver1 is an unknown quantity at this point Cdiver1's Avatar
    Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Nicool  View Original Post
    Hi Cdiver1,
    Thanks for this, that's 22.2 degrees C, at that temperature i could wear my 8mm wetsuit and be warm for a long time, then i need to debate with myself whether dry makes more sense :)

Cheers
    Nicolas
    Math never was my strong suit lol. At 17* C (google was my friend here) for 2 hours in my new trilam though, I would definitely put something just a bit warmer on. Not neccesarily for the temp more for the length of exposure. If you do give it a shot though I’d overweight yourself just a hair and use that to help you keep more air in the suit. I may try that on my next dive.

Rocketman packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Quote Originally Posted by Mr B.  View Original Post
    Hey Ozzies.

OK, for warm water down under. Here the lakes are frozen and water temperature ist 3-4°C. So I guess need another thermal protection inbetween the Sharkskin & drysuit. I well test all this and come back.

BTW I thinking using the Sharkskin as wet suit in Red Sea vacantion soon, there water will be +- 20 °C. Maybe I should take drysuit also, just in case we made long deco dives (which I doubt, I dont have a buddy)

Cheers,

Patrick
    Us Aussies are soft, drysuits in 30 degrees Celsius :)
    for sub 20 degrees, I add a thick fleece. I dont think I could handle 4 degrees!

RBW Member Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT RMS

Quote Originally Posted by Cdiver1  View Original Post
    Math never was my strong suit lol. At 17* C (google was my friend here) for 2 hours in my new trilam though, I would definitely put something just a bit warmer on. Not neccesarily for the temp more for the length of exposure. If you do give it a shot though I’d overweight yourself just a hair and use that to help you keep more air in the suit. I may try that on my next dive.

Are you saying you've tried 2h in 17 degrees C with just your trilam and sharkskin?
    I agree with the comfort weight addition to put more air.

When thinking 8mm wet vs trilam+sharking when it gets hot (say 22C in water, 30C+ inat surface), i am actually starting to think i'd be more comfortable/less sweaty in the drysuit configuration: sharkskin must be like 3mm and the trilam 1-2mm + i can blow-in cold air if i feel like a steamed dumpling (portable air-con :)) as opposed to that thick 8mm black wetsuit.

Advantage of the wetsuit: no risk of flood/becoming too cold in such temperature.

Cheers
    Nicolas

rEvo III micro FT RMS

Quote Originally Posted by packeteer  View Original Post
    Us Aussies are soft, drysuits in 30 degrees Celsius :)
    for sub 20 degrees, I add a thick fleece. I dont think I could handle 4 degrees!
    LoL i'm a freshly imported frog downunder but i've met an Aussie drysuit diver who wears no hoold in 17C water and still does easily 70mins or so.
    Another guy wears a 5mm in winter (13-14C water).
    Impressive enough to me!
    There must be something to do with local diet, i should adopt vegemite (more beers didn't help)!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3