+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Shearwater HUD

Alin Ardelean alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin's Avatar
    Bastardized SW Inspo

Inspo Classic, Hammer Inspo

Re: New Shearwater HUD

Quote Originally Posted by RSmith  View Original Post
    I have been looking at the complete APD kit and see that your add says no drilling all plug and play. I cant find any material on installation, can you give a run down.
    The HUD for AP Classic it's really just plug and play, got myself one a few months ago. It was attacged wia 4th/5/th cell holder APD Classic 4/5 Cell Holder(EXPORT ONLY)
    and it has splitters at the end so it even if you keep it on the original 3 cells, you connect the handsets and the HUD. Also, replacing the cells it's very easy. The item has 2 parts. The top one you fit it into the lid (on the top, replacing the AP one) and the one inside the lid it's holding the cells and the battery box.I can take pics later if you want and pm you

It's All Good! RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith's Avatar
    Inspo Evolution

Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by alin  View Original Post
    The HUD for AP Classic it's really just plug and play, got myself one a few months ago. It was attacged wia 4th/5/th cell holder APD Classic 4/5 Cell Holder(EXPORT ONLY)
    and it has splitters at the end so it even if you keep it on the original 3 cells, you connect the handsets and the HUD. Also, replacing the cells it's very easy. The item has 2 parts. The top one you fit it into the lid (on the top, replacing the AP one) and the one inside the lid it's holding the cells and the battery box.I can take pics later if you want and pm you
    That would be nice, I am seeking on how the wired connection is made without adding a new hole?.....am I missing something? Guess you should know I am using a evo with vision electronics....

Alin Ardelean alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin has a spectacular aura about alin's Avatar
    Bastardized SW Inspo

That would be nice, I am seeking on how the wired connection is made without adding a new hole?.....am I missing something? Guess you should know I am using a evo with vision electronics....
    I know Rob. Taking pictures now :)

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

The wired connection comes in through the replacement 4th/5th cell holder which comes as part of the kit.
    HTH
    Simon A

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

I have been looking at the complete APD kit and see that your add says no drilling all plug and play. I cant find any material on installation, can you give a run down.
    The Fisher connector that would "normally" plug into a computer now plugs into the unit. Assumption is you use a computer or PPO2 monitor with Fisher connector.
    Last edited by DwayneJ; 20th February 2012 at 08:23.

Bastardized SW Inspo

PM sent

It's All Good! RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith's Avatar
    Inspo Evolution

Stay tuned!

Thanks everyone for the help, much appreciated! Alin PM sent !

The TOOL has spoken deeprapture is an unknown quantity at this point deeprapture's Avatar
    Leaky CC Ray

CK

Probably get a few "why"s here, but I'm asking regardless, since its going to be used on a homebuild and I won't have any stock electronics on board as primary..

Would this work with a single sensor?

Also,

Would this operate the same with cells being split for redundant cell readings on your HUD and a 3 cell computer?
    (I hope I didn't miss this question already, I scanned but didn't read all posts)

Thanks guys

JD

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deeprapture  View Original Post
    Probably get a few "why"s here, but I'm asking regardless, since its going to be used on a homebuild and I won't have any stock electronics on board as primary..

Would this work with a single sensor?

Also,

Would this operate the same with cells being split for redundant cell readings on your HUD and a 3 cell computer?
    (I hope I didn't miss this question already, I scanned but didn't read all posts)

Thanks guys

JD
    i guess the hud could be used with a single cell but it was not designed with that in mind, th flashing lights would be out of sink unless you connected the huds 3 cell wires together so all the lights acted the same at the same time.

the HUD is designed to be inter connected with other electronics on 1 set of cell using the appropriate connection kit.
    kind regards john
    you know...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    Its about learning to dance in the rain..

Supporting Shearwater Research Products in Europe

The TOOL has spoken deeprapture is an unknown quantity at this point deeprapture's Avatar
    Leaky CC Ray

CK

Quote Originally Posted by narked at 90  View Original Post
    i guess the hud could be used with a single cell but it was not designed with that in mind, th flashing lights would be out of sink unless you connected the huds 3 cell wires together so all the lights acted the same at the same time.

the HUD is designed to be inter connected with other electronics on 1 set of cell using the appropriate connection kit.
    kind regards john
    OK, thanks... It would be a temp solution anyway til I get it ready for 3 cells, but I think I'll just wait for HUD til then... Thanks for the response though..

Josh

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2