+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rMS Cannister

Forever Learning kennethw is an unknown quantity at this point kennethw's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT / full rMS

Dräger Dolphin (mCCR)

rMS Cannister

There is another 'interesting' discussion about cost of pre-packed cartridges which has now become a discussion on which is better (don't want to get into that).

Before rMS, there seem to be a number of rEvo divers that have bought extra canisters and pre-pack them for convenience. However, with rMS and the sensors in the canisters, I guess it would be too expensive to have a 3rd (or 4th) canister.

Any idea what the price would be like?

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Re: rMS Cannister

Quote Originally Posted by kennethw  View Original Post
    There is another 'interesting' discussion about cost of pre-packed cartridges which has now become a discussion on which is better (don't want to get into that).

Before rMS, there seem to be a number of rEvo divers that have bought extra canisters and pre-pack them for convenience. However, with rMS and the sensors in the canisters, I guess it would be too expensive to have a 3rd (or 4th) canister.

Any idea what the price would be like?
    Part number R222 - 180 Euros for the new cassette vs 60 Euros for the current/standard Axial. Not too bad when you consider what's in it.

RockiesMan pmasiar is an unknown quantity at this point pmasiar's Avatar
    rEvo

Yes, price times 3. I don't think one temperature sensor warrants that kind of an increase, even if it is oddly shaped

I would be interested in canister mixing.

I don't think there is anything to prevent you from putting a non-rMS canister. There is no special notch, or groove on rMS canisters - or is there?

What happens if you mix?

You rMS readings go out the window, but you can still use the traditional cycling of canisters.

Forever Learning kennethw is an unknown quantity at this point kennethw's Avatar

Dräger Dolphin (mCCR)

Quote Originally Posted by DwayneJ  View Original Post
    Part number R222 - 180 Euros for the new cassette vs 60 Euros for the current/standard Axial.
    Thanks, didn't see that.

Quote Originally Posted by pmasiar
    I would be interested in canister mixing.
    Interesting question. What this sparked off too is when we get our rMS kits, does it come with complete canisters so that we would have a couple of standard ones extra, or a retro-fit to the existing canisters?

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by kennethw  View Original Post
    Thanks, didn't see that.

Interesting question. What this sparked off too is when we get our rMS kits, does it come with complete canisters so that we would have a couple of standard ones extra, or a retro-fit to the existing canisters?
    you get 2 rMS canisters, completely new, with the integrated electronics, microprocessor and data transmission system... (who said 180 was expencive???)(have a look at the market what electronic system build in a canister you get for that price, and then try to imagine how to manufacture that part...)

but.. you can always simply turn OFF the temp sensing probes in the shearwater setup menu, and use it as normal canisters

let me convince you.... start diving your rMS, and you'll see you don't need extra canisters for fast cycling... you'll see soon why!
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

Dräger Dolphin (mCCR)

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    let me convince you.... start diving your rMS, and you'll see you don't need extra canisters for fast cycling... you'll see soon why!
    Everyday after work, I rush home as fast as I can, and before I even say 'hello' to my wife and 2 boys (2 and 4 years old), I rush to the mail box and also my home office to see if my rMS has arrived ...

... thanks for the info, Paul, I can hardly wait.

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by pmasiar  View Original Post
    Yes, price times 3. I don't think one temperature sensor warrants that kind of an increase, even if it is oddly shaped
    I guess Paul is best to illuminate us but from our chat at the Dive show it would seem to be alittle more in depth than "one odd shaped temprature sensor" I'd guess its at least 4 or 5 oddly shaped sensors

My name aint Bob its Matt BigBoB is on a distinguished road BigBoB is on a distinguished road BigBoB's Avatar

Does the radial scrubber work with rms?

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoB  View Original Post
    Does the radial scrubber work with rms?
    you can use radials in the rMS, but it will not give you the remaining scrubber times

do note that rMS is much more then just information of remaining scrubber times

(radials on rEvo are optional, only a limited number of users really need it, we talk about long duration (> 5 hours), cold, exploration dives)
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...