+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: pschiiiit noise on my rEvo's O2 orifice

RBW Member Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT RMS

Poseidon Discovery Mark VI

pschiiiit noise on my rEvo's O2 orifice

Hi everyone!

I'm the happy owner of a rEvo III standard since a few weeks now (bought a used one, but good looking ), but on friday I have noticed a weird noise coming out of the CCR, which was totally assembled, ready to dive.

After opening everything, I've seen it came from the tube that's connected to a green hose, in the exhale lung. If I'm not mistaken, it's the orifice that allows constant mass flow of O2.

I dive the unit manually, and today I've realized that I needed to inject O2 more often than usual, to prevent the PPO2 from decreasing.

Do you think it could be the O2 CMF orifice that is getting stuck?
    If so, how should I proceed to clean it?

thanks in advance for your advice!

cheers
    Nicolas

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Re: pschiiiit noise on my rEvo's O2 orifice

Quote Originally Posted by Nicool  View Original Post
    Hi everyone!

I'm the happy owner of a rEvo III standard since a few weeks now (bought a used one, but good looking ), but on friday I have noticed a weird noise coming out of the CCR, which was totally assembled, ready to dive.

After opening everything, I've seen it came from the tube that's connected to a green hose, in the exhale lung. If I'm not mistaken, it's the orifice that allows constant mass flow of O2.

I dive the unit manually, and today I've realized that I needed to inject O2 more often than usual, to prevent the PPO2 from decreasing.

Do you think it could be the O2 CMF orifice that is getting stuck?
    If so, how should I proceed to clean it?

thanks in advance for your advice!

cheers
    Nicolas
    Nicolas, remember, normally the fastest/accurate answer always comes from the manufacturer

looks like your one-way valve needs some oxygen grease:

check for the text, downloads on our website about solving the 'humming' noise of the one-way valve

paul

ps: and to comfort you: no, it has no influence on the flow of the orifice
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Pschiiit noise????? Can you do that again????

I am totally into sound effects!!

Hope Paul fixed your problem!

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

That's the whistling sound from the CMF check valve.
    I get that before and it's easily fixable by yourself...just follow the instructions from the rEvo website. The sound does not affects the flow and for those who may like the sound it actually helps to show that your orifice is working.

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

I did the O2 grease about a month ago. I do recommend purchasing a set of metric spanners for the two parts of the orifice.
    Last edited by DwayneJ; 30th January 2012 at 05:21.

RBW Member Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT RMS

Thanks everyone for the help!
    @Paul, thanks for the super-fast response, I'd rather email you for that kind of questions

rEvo III micro FT RMS

for the record, I did find the "humming noise" discussions, but I thought mine was different. Probably my limited english-speaking skills, not knowing that "humming" and "pschiiit" were synonyms

rEvo n00b rbjonez is an unknown quantity at this point rbjonez's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro rMS

Could someone help me find where these instructions are on the rEvo site? I can't seem to find them and this noise is really annoying. Thanks!

rEvo n00b rbjonez is an unknown quantity at this point rbjonez's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro rMS

Quote Originally Posted by rbjonez  View Original Post
    Could someone help me find where these instructions are on the rEvo site? I can't seem to find them and this noise is really annoying. Thanks!
    Found it here: http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=22838

It doesn't appear to be linked on the site.

Cheers,
    -Dennis

RBW Member osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris's Avatar
    HH INSPO HYBRIB BASTARDISED MK

KISS/IDA64/72/60/Mk15/Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Nicool  View Original Post
    for the record, I did find the "humming noise" discussions, but I thought mine was different. Probably my limited english-speaking skills, not knowing that "humming" and "pschiiit" were synonyms
    In English, a hum sounds like mmmmmmmm. A psschit sounds like shit with a p in front of it. Hope that helped?