+ Reply to Thread

Thread: circuit around the Oliero system

RBW Member atomik is an unknown quantity at this point atomik's Avatar
    Hammerhead / Mccr homemade

Classic, Voyager, NT1 pscr, HH

circuit around the Oliero system

Today, after more week end spent to line the caves, we concluded the circuit around the system of Oliero in Italy. We are entered about 2550mt into the the Cogolo of Siori, going out into the sump and after other 2,5km we are back to surface passing the junction found in the last dives and coming out to the Cogolo of Veci RT 4h:20 , including 10min spent in air. Great personal satisfaction, after last 2 months spent to line for about 4 km of caves.

We also found the time to establish some arrows in the middle, that indicates the 2 outputs, a quickly movie and a rapid survey of the last 100mt area.

Matteo Ratto and Sergio Favaro - UTRtek/Cmas Cave Instructors

Last edited by atomik; 29th January 2012 at 19:46.

RBW Member ilpomo is an unknown quantity at this point ilpomo's Avatar
    Vision

Azimuth Dolphin Homebuilt IDA

Re: circuit around the Oliero system

Many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many congratulations!!

EXPLORER jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz's Avatar
    rEvo, PRISM, KISS

Modccr Dolphin, SM CCR, Satori

Bravo guys...
    Love to hear more..
    Saluti a tutti.

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

Wowwwwwwwww. Congratulation Matteo e Sergio. Impressive diving. If You have time, let us know more details of this fantastic dive.
    Kind regards
    e ciao Ossi e Reinhold

of course, as soon as I can I write a small report, nothing of impossible for nobody, only so much effort and time to spent :)

RBW Member johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv is just really nice johnv's Avatar

Congratulations, this is the first time this has been done in this direction (exiting the Vecci).

How did you find the lines in the last part of the Vecci?

Did you actually join the lines at the connection point? Luigi left a Jump from the Vecci to the siori as I recall and there were several windows between the 2 just downstream of luigi's first connection.

safe diving
    John

Quote Originally Posted by johnv  View Original Post
    How did you find the lines in the last part of the Vecci? Did you actually join the lines at the connection point? Luigi left a Jump from the Vecci to the siori as I recall and there were several windows between the 2 just downstream of luigi's first connection.
    John
    Hi John, the line was very weak and corrupted, we cleaned up several hundred meters of line from -15 to the sump. I don't know very well where Gigi had connected years ago, but we find more old broken lines into several window, not very useful to understand the right jump, but it's all right after some years . Last season we follow the main gallery from Veci but we had do a circuit returning to 1900meters :-/
    This year we are started from Siori that it's more simple to navigate and at -10mt in a jump to a big window, we have find our last season line and arrow, that go to a bad direction. After some dives into the Veci we have completed the circuit. Sunday with all the line connected it has been simple to do the circuit, we had time to go to the sump (we find a spool not used at -3mt, maybe it's your, I dont' think Gigi uses these kind of equipment).

I think that for me it has been a good experience, not record or other, my target was do some beautiful cave dives, and this has been :)

At the moment all the line is connected, there is a jump into the Veci and one into the Siori, both with arrow and cookie.

Matteo

+ Reply to Thread