+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Testing argon purity with O2 meter

RBW Member scuba subaru is an unknown quantity at this point scuba subaru's Avatar
    Meg

Testing argon purity with O2 meter

I want to know how much air contamination may be in argon. Can I simply test the argon gas with my O2 meter? Can the cell be damaged by the argon?

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: Testing argon purity with O2 meter

Quote Originally Posted by scuba subaru  View Original Post
    I want to know how much air contamination may be in argon. Can I simply test the argon gas with my O2 meter? Can the cell be damaged by the argon?
    If you were using argon with any measureable amount of oxygen in it for welding, your weld would be ruined so I doubt you are going to read anything.
    No argon will not ruin the sensor, there is just no point in testing for it.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

+ Reply to Thread