+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Old But Perfectly Linear Cells

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Old But Perfectly Linear Cells

Quote Originally Posted by Chris at Silent World  View Original Post
    As a last ditch - I have 3 OLD but perfect teledynes you can have with full disclaimer of course. Output and performance was fine last week. You can have them for free.
    Above snipped from a different thread...

OK... I just removed three Teledynes from my Breather... They are two years old. They are still spot on after full tests with my cell checker, which I do on a regular basis. AI's of the same age, but never opened, failed. New AI's ordered and on the way....

Maybe I should change my name of Don here...

If the cells are linear up to 2.0 what happens if you use them..... Do they go bad all of the sudden, more so than fresh cells? Is it a gradual decline? Do they just start acting a little flaky?

Why, if they are linear and pass the cell tests can't they be used, as long as you verify them at depth?

I don't do "expeditionary" or deep dives.... Most of what I do is now 140 and shallower... Bailout isn't a problem, should the need arise.

Richie
    Richie Burr.... Probing the Deep Blue Seas since 1966!

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Optima Dolphin

Re: Old But Perfectly Linear Cells

Welcome to my nightmare! It is just a matter of how much risk you are willing to accept. I personally believe that if they are working, then I can still use them. Of course, This does not mean to have all of the cells be 2 years old or from the same batch. You do need some variance in cell dates to be able to validate during a dive (the chances of multiple failures from different batches is much slimmer).

Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro's Avatar
    rEvo, FGT, Boris

Meg

Can you check the response time with your cell checker?

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

The cell will get slower and slower before the MV output slightly increases then it will die shorty afterwards or you might not even spot it and the cell will simply die from one day to another.
    Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Same here, Richie. Teledynes from March 2010 still going strong, although cell #3 has become noticiably slower. It can't be long before they start dying, so I'm going to replace one now and every 3 months if I can go that long. I'd rather replace it before there is a problem than wait for it to go bad. Not really a safety concern, but I hate having to scrub a dive.

Ken

Kevin Hagerich Helium_diver is an unknown quantity at this point Helium_diver's Avatar
    KISS Classic

ccr dolphin

Ritchie,

Give them to Mike , He can get another 2 years out of them easy.

Helium_diver

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Oh yeah, thanks Don for the new signature line.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Quote Originally Posted by Helium_diver  View Original Post
    Ritchie,

Give them to Mike , He can get another 2 years out of them easy.

Helium_diver
    Kevin,

I would but he can't get his current cells out... says he never looks at them anyway so why bother replacing them.

Richie

O2ptima FX

Quote Originally Posted by offpro  View Original Post
    Can you check the response time with your cell checker?
    Not technically, but I can hook my handsets directly to the Cell Checker and see that they respond quickly to the increase in O2. No noticeable lag time.

Richie

O2ptima FX

Quote Originally Posted by Pawel Szopinski  View Original Post
    The cell will get slower and slower before the MV output slightly increases then it will die shorty afterwards or you might not even spot it and the cell will simply die from one day to another.
    Pawel,

Thanks.... That's what I was looking for....

Richie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast