+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Firefighter from Georgia!

RBW Member Scubasteve0719 is an unknown quantity at this point Scubasteve0719's Avatar
    Down south somewhere. I can hear banjos......
    None

Firefighter from Georgia!

Hey guys, I'm new here. Live about 2 hours from any good saltwater. It gets pretty boring. Anyway been diving since 2007. Been in Crystal River, dove the Speigel Grove and USCGC Duane off the Keys. Dove off the NC coast (by far my favorite dives), hit the Papoose (or the W.E. Hutton, I haven't heard or read if they confirmed the identities yet), the U-352 of course, and several dives on the Spar. Done the usual reef dives and what not in the Keys, however the history and destruction of wreck diving is what keeps me hooked. I love the history behind them and the story of how they sank, even if it is just a boring old artificial reef sinking.

When I went to the Keys. I flew down with my dive instructor and he kept ribbing me about bringing over 100 pages worth of history on the Duane, Bibb, and Speigel. I read every bit of it on the flight down.

Anyway I've been on a hiatus from diving for a while due to having a rather lackluster job and not having enough funds. However hopefully in the next few months I'll start a new job with City of Atlanta Fire and have enough spare change to afford some dive trips. Who knows?

I know this is getting long but I'm introducing myself, I can say what I want to right? I've always been into rebreathers and tech diving since before I even could dive. I'll get there someday though.

So you may ask why am I joining now if I've been into rebreathers for so long? Well I am proud to say I now own a rebreather. Whoo hoo! However it is not for diving and I will never convert it to diving. My fire department was going to throw out a pristine new in box BioPak 45, well I raised my hand and took it home. My hope is to just get it working and just use it once or twice to say it works, then I plan to hang it on the wall as a cool conversation piece. Like I said I am NOT converting it to diving. Too many problems to deal with. However it is still a rebreather and cool as all get out.

Anyway thanks for listening. Gonna do a dance now.

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Re: Firefighter from Georgia!

Welcome on board.

RBW Member SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver's Avatar
    Hammerhead Hybrid

Welcome to the group and if you are near Albany stop by The Dive Shop and we'll can talk about rebreather's. May even get you into caves if your not already.

Fred

RBW Member Scubasteve0719 is an unknown quantity at this point Scubasteve0719's Avatar
    None

Quote Originally Posted by SlowDiver  View Original Post
    Welcome to the group and if you are near Albany stop by The Dive Shop and we'll can talk about rebreather's. May even get you into caves if your not already.

Fred
    Absolutely! Although I'm about 3 hours away, in Greene County, however I don't mind making a little drive. The Dive shop is the one located on Ledo Road correct?

RBW Member SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver's Avatar
    Hammerhead Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Scubasteve0719  View Original Post
    The Dive shop is the one located on Ledo Road correct?
    Yes that is correct. Ronnie the store manager dives a Optima and I dive a HammerHead.

Fred

None

Quote Originally Posted by SlowDiver  View Original Post
    Yes that is correct. Ronnie the store manager dives a Optima and I dive a HammerHead.

Fred
    Will do. I'll send you a private message when I can come down and spend a little while down there.

+ Reply to Thread