+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diving before my CCR Cave Course in Match.

RBW Member offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro's Avatar
    rEvo, FGT, Boris

Meg

Diving before my CCR Cave Course in Match.

I'm going to Florida in March to take CCR Cave Course with Josh Thornton and have a few days before the course I have planned to dive. I need a couple of dives before the course to see that the equipment is in order after the long flight. I prefer to go diving on wrecks in the 100-250 feet range. I travel alone and need someone who runs daily trips.

Who should I contact? Silent World in Key Largo?

Dive safe!

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Re: Diving before my CCR Cave Course in Match.

Quote Originally Posted by offpro  View Original Post
    I'm going to Florida in March to take CCR Cave Course with Josh Thornton and have a few days before the course I have planned to dive. I need a couple of dives before the course to see that the equipment is in order after the long flight. I prefer to go diving on wrecks in the 100-250 feet range. I travel alone and need someone who runs daily trips.

Dive safe!
    Try Pompano Dive Center. They are closer than Key Largo, rebreather-friendly and run teck trips. You can check out their website what their schedule is. If you don't see anything, call them. They might be able to put a trip together.

Good Luck!!

CCR Diva scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt is a glorious beacon of light scubagrunt's Avatar
    meg & rEvo

inspo, optima, KISS, submatix

Quote Originally Posted by offpro  View Original Post

Dive safe!
    make sure to go up north and dive in the fresh water also before class to get your weight and trim all correct. ccr cave class is a tough go if you are not weighted nor trimmed correctly. you can dive at blue grotto and other water holes without going in the caves to practice
    good luck
    mel
    Last edited by scubagrunt; 26th January 2012 at 07:08.

Scuba Imports Australia Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris's Avatar
    rEVO III rMS

Inspo, Kiss, Prism, Meg, Pos

My Partner has a ISC Pathfinder on order, training with Ben @ Easter

Doing What Works jcook is an unknown quantity at this point jcook's Avatar
    Sidemount Meg

Depends on where you are staying in Florida, there are some places you can go that are that deep in a cavern zone. But as Mel said, I would just go get your weight and trim perfected in some shallow fresh water caverns before doing some 100ft+ dives, because it won't really help you in a Cave CCR class if you still have wreck diver trim.

Can instructors strike their students if they are on their knees in a cave? All I have been hearing from my OC friends lately is that they are seeing CCR divers being on their knees in FL caves. If instructors don't start, I may......
    Last edited by jcook; 26th January 2012 at 12:27.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by jcook  View Original Post
    Can instructors strike their students if they are on their knees in a cave? All I have been hearing from my OC friends lately is that they are seeing CCR divers being on their knees in FL caves. If instructors don't start, I may......
    Maybe they're just praying for guidance.

RBW Member offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro's Avatar
    rEvo, FGT, Boris

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by scubagrunt  View Original Post
    make sure to go up north and dive in the fresh water also before class to get your weight and trim all correct. ccr cave class is a tough go if you are not weighted nor trimmed correctly. you can dive at blue grotto and other water holes without going in the caves to practice
    good luck
    mel

Thanks for the tip! This is my vacation so I have time for both and hope to see the rest of Florida as well.

I have previously dived in fresh water the same temperature and trim is hopefully still good.

+ Reply to Thread