+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prism 2 update in Orlando?

Silent diver
    Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci's Avatar
    Meg,JJ-CCR,Inspiration,Prism2

Ouroboros, Sentinel, Kiss,rEvo

Prism 2 update in Orlando?

Some of you will attend the Prism2 update course in Orlando the first days of February?

Best

Aldo
    Aldo Ferrucci
    Trimix and Rebreather IT
    Technical CCR/OC Training for Diver and Instructor in Italian - French - English in Italy, France, Belgium, Switzerland,Spain, Red Sea and beyond
    Megalodon/Copis - Inspiration/Evolution - JJ-CCR - Poseidon Discovery MKVI - Instructor Trainer and Dealer

www.aldoferrucci.com FB Aldo Ferrucci
    I like bubbles only in my glass of Champagne

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Re: Prism 2 update in Orlando?

No. I want to see it out and working first before I invest any time or money. It looks like a great deal for early adopters though.

I wonder what the 'amazing' price will be. If I had an idea, and it was a significant discount I'd probably be tempted.

Are you going?

Prism CCR Instructor gkndivebum will become famous soon enough gkndivebum will become famous soon enough gkndivebum will become famous soon enough gkndivebum will become famous soon enough gkndivebum's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

PRISM2,Sport KISS,Dolphin,Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Chris at Silent World  View Original Post
    No. I want to see it out and working first before I invest any time or money. It looks like a great deal for early adopters though.[...]
    I can help with that:

PRISM 2 on a Deep Dive - Kaiwi Pt - Kona, HI

I'm diving the rig in the first video; my wife (Vicky) is videographer; Meredith and Jordan along on PRISM Topazes (aka PRISM 1)

My wife Vicky is diving the rig in the second video; I had some help from my friend Mike (open circuit) shooting the both of us on descent and again on deco; I shot the deeper footage near the black coral and longnose hawkfish.

The third link is a set of still photos taken by Vicky on a deep dive here in Kona; my friend Jordan was along on that dive as well.

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

On the pics it looks like the HUD is directly in front of your "view window", is this not very uncomfortable ???

On the other hand the unit looks very interesting,..

Silent diver
    Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci's Avatar
    Meg,JJ-CCR,Inspiration,Prism2

Ouroboros, Sentinel, Kiss,rEvo

Here a pictures taken during last Dema in Orlando about HUD.
    The system to adjust the position of the HUD is original but little complicate and i'm not sure that work well.

Best

Aldo
    Attached Images
    Aldo Ferrucci
    Trimix and Rebreather IT
    Technical CCR/OC Training for Diver and Instructor in Italian - French - English in Italy, France, Belgium, Switzerland,Spain, Red Sea and beyond
    Megalodon/Copis - Inspiration/Evolution - JJ-CCR - Poseidon Discovery MKVI - Instructor Trainer and Dealer

www.aldoferrucci.com FB Aldo Ferrucci
    I like bubbles only in my glass of Champagne

Prism CCR Instructor gkndivebum will become famous soon enough gkndivebum will become famous soon enough gkndivebum will become famous soon enough gkndivebum will become famous soon enough gkndivebum's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

PRISM2,Sport KISS,Dolphin,Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Fun Under Pressure  View Original Post
    On the pics it looks like the HUD is directly in front of your "view window", is this not very uncomfortable ???

On the other hand the unit looks very interesting,..
    I would have preferred to have it mounted lower, but didn't have the proper pieces to make that happen. In any case the HUD is pretty small in comparison to the one I'm used to on my Topaz, and it wasn't too objectionable.

RBW Member BillGraham is on a distinguished road BillGraham is on a distinguished road BillGraham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gkndivebum  View Original Post
    I would have preferred to have it mounted lower, but didn't have the proper pieces to make that happen. In any case the HUD is pretty small in comparison to the one I'm used to on my Topaz, and it wasn't too objectionable.
    We made up a holder for the old Prism HUD that would work just fine for that. It's an aluminum arc the same size as the collars on the dsv with a little stalk to tie wrap the hud to. It's got two little screw heads on either end and you slip an o-ring over them to hold it in place. It rotates on the collar to adjust, works great.

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Ferrucci  View Original Post
    Here a pictures taken during last Dema in Orlando about HUD.
    The system to adjust the position of the HUD is original but little complicate and i'm not sure that work well.

Best

Aldo

Thanks Aldo, have seen the unit yesterday at the Boot Düsseldorf, looks really cool, and the hud is easy to set in any possition.

+ Reply to Thread