+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New member from Texas

RBW Member jaboothtx is an unknown quantity at this point jaboothtx's Avatar
    Evo+

New member from Texas

Just saying hi as a new member... Although I've been reading rebreather world over my husband's shoulder for years, I thought I'd finally get my own login. Based in Austin, Texas, I dive an evo+. I have about 100 hours on my unit, and over 2000 dives in total - just enough to start learning !

One thing I did that might be of interest to folks here: after getting my rebreather cert, I dove it recreationally in Fiji off the NAI'A. It was a great experience and really cemented my comfort so that I was ready to go on to full trimix and diving the SS-16 in the Dry Tortugas later that year. I had previously dived the SS-16 open circuit, and it was so much more pleasant without all that pesky gas switching ! My point was, if you're looking for experience on your rebreather before heading into more challenging dives that might be on your agenda, diving recreationally from a rebreather-friendly live aboard is an excellent way to go. The SPREE also takes recreational rebreather divers, and I highly recommend them as well.

Cheers,
    Jean Anne

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Re: New member from Texas

Welcome on board and greetings from Switzerland.

donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo's Avatar

welcome to RBW. Come down to Cozumel and dive with us. Cozumel Diving with Deep Exposure Dive Center Cozumel

RBW Member FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Welcome to RBW from a temporary Dallas-ite...

Do "y'all" vacation dive only or do ya dive down there at Travis? I've been down there and although vis is crappy due to the drought & sediment stirring up, there's good depth to be had there.

Dive Safe
    Franco

LEARNING CONTINUALLY rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Classic YBOD

Welcome Jean Anne from the Right side of the state. Hope to meet and dive with you soon. I've had the pleasure of diving and hanging out with your husband. Come on down to Innerspace this year. We need to do an all CCR in the Gulf of Mexico to some deep rigs:)

Safe Diving

RBW Member matthewbooth is an unknown quantity at this point matthewbooth's Avatar
    Inspiration/Evolution

Draeger

There goes the neighbor! Bill - Jean Anne and I have our deposits in for InnerSpace. And I'm ready for it now!

RBW Member matthewbooth is an unknown quantity at this point matthewbooth's Avatar
    Inspiration/Evolution

Draeger

Damn iPads!

Evo+

Hi FrancoC - we do sometimes dive in Lake Travis. Matt's more likely to dive Travis "for fun"; I usually dive it more for equipment checks prior to real dives. Right now it's a real challenge to find a spot where you can actually get to the water without a mile full-equipment hike because of the drought. The drought also makes the vis worse than usual. In a normal year, the vis down deep is frequently quite good - just dark, but clear with your flashlight.

If I can figure out how to post a pic, I'll add a picture of the stairs at Barstow's Windy Point Park. There are 3 flights of stairs, and THEN you start scrambling down the hills from there. The lake is the lowest it's been since 1963.

Jean Anne

Evo+

Here are the main stairs at Barstow's on Lake Travis, looking down from the top and then down to the water from the first landing. You gotta wanna dive BAD to sign up for that haul!

New Member Heliox is an unknown quantity at this point Heliox's Avatar
    CCR Liberty

Prism Topaz, Inspo, P2

Quote Originally Posted by rigdiver  View Original Post
    Welcome Jean Anne from the Right side of the state. Hope to meet and dive with you soon. I've had the pleasure of diving and hanging out with your husband. Come on down to Innerspace this year. We need to do an all CCR in the Gulf of Mexico to some deep rigs:)

Safe Diving
    bill,
    when we all goin?
    -tom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast