+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: age required for rebreather diving

RBW Member Hk101gr is on a distinguished road Hk101gr is on a distinguished road Hk101gr's Avatar
    Megalodon

Re: age required for rebreather diving

I always found it very hard to comprehend how some countries allow you to drive from age 16 but wont let you have a beer in a bar until 21...
    Anyway if you re bored a rebreather wont do you much good.
    In your shoes i d spend half the $$$ and go on a dive trip of a lifetime rather than buy a rebreather. You can always buy the rebreather next year or the year after.

Cheers
    Dimitris

RBW Member pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476's Avatar
    Meg

They need to be the same age that my 3 year old daughter will be when I'm comfortable with her starting to date.......30 to 35.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pwl4476  View Original Post
    They need to be the same age that my 3 year old daughter will be when I'm comfortable with her starting to date.......30 to 35.

You are going to let your daughter date this soon ? Mine is 15 now and I just ordered gps tracking and a private satellite with option to eliminate targets who will come to close !!!!

little man, big dreams tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude's Avatar
    JJ CCR..

Nick, if the diving is becomming less interesting, perhaps it is challenge you seek from your diving.
    I would suggest taking a course or two to open up some new diving to you.
    For instance a technical diving course.
    Here you learn the fundamentals (AH I said the F word) of becomming a competant and safe diver, learn about decompression theory and handling multiple cylinders with multiple gas mixtures to execute deep dives.

I found my first tec course to be one of the most fun and challenging things of my life.. it really is a HUGE step from a recreational diver.
    This will keep you amused for quite a while and should you still wish to go rebreather, will give you the background skills and competance in the water to make the transition much smoother (i.e. Equipment chcks and handling bailouts)

RBW Member pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476's Avatar
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post

You are going to let your daughter date this soon ? Mine is 15 now and I just ordered gps tracking and a private satellite with option to eliminate targets who will come to close !!!!
    I wouldn't be OK with it, but at that time I'll be in my early-80s. All I'll care about then is my blanket, bran cereal and a good bowel movement, and making sure that my diaper gets changed regularly.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by nicks2424  View Original Post
    hey guys ive been diving for awile and regular diving has started to become less interesting to me i was wondering how old you have to be to start a rebreather course and if there are any avalible in hawaii.

thanks

nick
    If your interested in the concpt of CCR diving (rather than thedives it makes you able to do) then id strongly sugest a MCCR like the KISS or rEvo.

The ECCRs only justification (apart from 120m+diving) is it takes away the need to actauly dive the unit properly and lets you do more of the dive. Ideal for camera men and spidge hunters but not so good for someone who wants to get to grips with CCR as a concept.

As for age? I am not sure there is any law against any age group diving anything they like.

Finding an instructor may be more of a struggle for a very young diver but if you or your parients are rich enough to spend several throusand dollers on diving equipment for a teenager then I am sure you will find some one.

Personaly i dived for 16 years befor i felt the need to dive a CCR but then for me its just a tool to get the job done in an afordable way. I have no love for CCR outside the advantges it offers me as a trimix diver. If i were diving shalow air stuff in warm water, id much rather do it on OC.

ATB

Mark

RBW Member Paua is an unknown quantity at this point Paua's Avatar

Cool Re: age required for rebreather diving

Hey guys, he said "Rebreather" there are rebreathers and rebreathers! There's a lot of difference between a Cis Lunar and a San-o-Sub.

I had my daughter diving an Rg-uF/m when she was 10 (With me beside her of course) in water 2 - 3m deep.

Its not what you're doing but who's doing the what!

That should toss some sardines into the feeding frenzy.

Cheers,

Paua

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2