+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Deep Tortuga's CCR Wreck Trip - September 6-9, 2012

Supporting Member Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli is a glorious beacon of light Al Marvelli's Avatar
    rEvoMicro w.hybrid&dsix stand

rEvoII fullsize

Re: Deep Tortuga's CCR Wreck Trip - September 6-9, 2012

i wish i had the time, i just got denied a tuesday off. i mean tuesday? really??
    Marv

fidelis Ad Mortem

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Quote Originally Posted by Al Marvelli  View Original Post
    i wish i had the time, i just got denied a tuesday off. i mean tuesday? really??
    whats wrong with the corporate expectations in this country at the moment???

Many of my customers are complaining about the same thing. Everyones on the boat with their blackberrys answering emails and sneaking around the dock returning calls trying to get out of earshot of the happy swearing divers and compressor noise :)

Long weekends have turned into drive and dive saturday and drive back Sunday type affairs and the weeks vacation is now a long weekend.

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Chris at Silent World  View Original Post
    whats wrong with the corporate expectations in this country at the moment???
    This is not a new situation. I left the employment of the corporate world and set out on my own 8 years ago and this was one of the reasons.

John

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Al Marvelli  View Original Post
    You telling me all that hard work Juliani put in to clean up the streets for the folks on Tuesdays was for nothing???

Just won't be the same trip without a diver in a shorty down in the high 60 degree temperature deep wrecks - you'll be missed Al!

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Ha! +2

RBW Member jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat's Avatar
    rEvo 3 MICRO FT

rEvo 3 Standard HCCR, MEG 2.01

ha + 3...

Hey Jeff -- you think scooters are warranted, especially for the Kendrick? Or are the seas and current typically calm the times you have dove these wrecks in the past?

thx man..

John

Muffin Meg Diver tecterri will become famous soon enough tecterri will become famous soon enough tecterri will become famous soon enough tecterri will become famous soon enough tecterri's Avatar
    Meg (apecs)

Quote Originally Posted by sfldiver  View Original Post
    Just won't be the same trip without a diver in a shorty down in the high 60 degree temperature deep wrecks - you'll be missed Al!
    60 degrees !!??? Guess I'll think about bringing the dry suit.

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by tecterri  View Original Post
    60 degrees !!??? Guess I'll think about bringing the dry suit.
    Terri, during the trip that Jeff and I did in June a few years back, we did get approx. 68 degree water temperatures down on the bottom on the deeper wrecks, and the surface temps were around 82 degrees (Love them warm deco hangs!).

Given that we're headed over there in September, hopefully the temps will be a bit warmer; however, we've all been doing this long enough to know that deep bottom temperatures, currents, seas, and visibility can be downright unpredictable, so let's all do the Boy/Girl Scout thing and come prepared!

Tony, you may want to bring TWO heated vests!!
    Last edited by sfldiver; 2nd August 2012 at 20:38.

RBW Member pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476's Avatar
    Meg

I appreciate the insight into the water temps. I'll bring my drysuit and leave my 2mm at home. Since this is my first time out in this area, if you have any other insights that I should know about, please clue me in.

I'm primarily a fresh water, overhead environment diver. Maybe here are one or two that you can help me with.
    • What are folks using for surface markers/lift bags?
    • Does anyone carry or recommend carrying a personal beacon? If yes, what are you using?
    • Anything else that comes to mind as something I should be thinking about?
    Thanks

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Quote Originally Posted by pwl4476  View Original Post
    I appreciate the insight into the water temps. I'll bring my drysuit and leave my 2mm at home. Since this is my first time out in this area, if you have any other insights that I should know about, please clue me in.

I'm primarily a fresh water, overhead environment diver. Maybe here are one or two that you can help me with.
    • What are folks using for surface markers/lift bags?
    • Does anyone carry or recommend carrying a personal beacon? If yes, what are you using?
    • Anything else that comes to mind as something I should be thinking about?
    Thanks

Most of us use 4 to 6 ft tall sausage SMBs. we usually carry two bags and two reels. one is primary, one for back up, in case of a problem shooting the first one. most will shoot the bag from depth, so you might want to have reels with 250 ft to 400 ft of line. you can however, shoot from shallower if you want to use shorter length reels.

I don't have a beacon, but some are using the submersible handheld VHF radio for VERY short range comms to the dive boat. some kind of signaling device would be a good idea.

a primary light is good to bring of course. you probably thought of that already.

DPV if you got one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast