+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Deep Tortuga's CCR Wreck Trip - September 6-9, 2012

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Deep Tortuga's CCR Wreck Trip - September 6-9, 2012

The Spree will be doing it’s usual September trip to the seldom dove deep wrecks of the Dry Tortugas. These wrecks are very remote, and very impressive.

The itinerary consists of:
    Araby Maid (200 ft) - 2 Dives, great for artifact hunters.
    Rhein (260) - 2 Dives - TONS of marine life
    Kendrick (320) - 2 Dives
    Wilkes Barre (250) - 1 Dive

Full CCR trimix certification required for this trip. Open circuit trimix and a CCR certification is not acceptable. No exceptions.

Dr Neal Pollock, Research Director of Center for Environmental Physiology and Hyperbaric Medicine for Duke University/Divers Alert Network will be on hand for the whole trip, conducting his micro-bubble field research study.

Scooters and cameras welcome, and available for rent.

The m/v Spree is a 100 foot vessel which accommodates up to 24 divers in bunk-style accommodations. This trip will carry a maximum of 14 divers.
    Last edited by Linda Bowen; 24th July 2012 at 15:18.

Re: Deep Tortuga's CCR Wreck Trip - September 6-9, 2012

What if I don't have any CCR certifications or Tri Mix Certifications as they weren't teaching either when I started diving them. LOL

Could bring the IDA72 or 71. One has a Hammerhead with Tri Mix on it that I put together/built. Or, the Shearwater Meg.

I already know the answer. LOL

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

I don't care if you're not even open water certified. But it's not my boat, so I don't make the rules.

I know, It was kinda a jab. They also don't allow HomeBuild rebreathers of ANY kind. Which should cut out the IDA's. And to be honest, with what I've done to my Meg. It would be cut out also. LOL

Sounds like a fun trip. Those are great dives.

Spree Driver wookie will become famous soon enough wookie will become famous soon enough wookie will become famous soon enough wookie's Avatar

We allow sidemount Optimas, don't know why we wouldn't allow a Shearwater meg. But you gotta have a ccr trimix card. If you've been diving that long, someone will blow you off for one. Or is this a "principal of the thing" thing?

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    The Spree will be doing it’s usual September trip to the seldom dove deep wrecks of the Dry Tortugas. These wrecks are very remote, and very impressive.

The itinerary consists of:
    Araby Maid (200 ft) - 2 Dives, great for artifact hunters.
    Rhein (260) - 2 Dives - TONS of marine life
    Kendrick (320) - 2 Dives
    Wilkes Barre (250) - 1 Dive

For more info and to book, visit here.
    I've been on this trip before when it had a slightly different lineup of wrecks, and really enjoyed it.

This lineup of wrecks looks even more awesome!

Definitely count me in (deposit placed) - Oh yeah!!

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

I was with SFLdiver on a previous trip these wrecks. it was awesome diving with no current and 100 ft plus vis. really looking forward to heading out there again.

KISS

After fielding a few questions on this, I thought I'd post some clarifications and amendments to this -

OC divers are welcome.

CCR divers of all levels may come on the trip, you just need to dive within the limits of your certification. Normoxic divers must not go below what is printed on their card.

If no depth limit is printed on the card well...

KISS

Update to this trip -

we have negotiated with Frank and the M/V Spree so this trip now includes all of your O2, helium diluent CO2 absorbent, as well as beer and wine for the same price.
    Last edited by Linda Bowen; 24th July 2012 at 15:18.

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

very cool, keeps getting better and better. September ain't that far away..............

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast