Closed Thread

Thread: DIMS - Diving Incident Monitoring Study

Cave nut!
    Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris's Avatar
    rEVO

KISS, Flex, Satori, Mk15.5, ++

DIMS - Diving Incident Monitoring Study

Those outside of Australia may not be aware of the DIMS, a study which uses incident analysis to try and produce preventative measures and remedies from anecdotal data. This type of incident analysis is common in the aviation industry and in medicine. The important thing is that an incident need not produce an injury to give us important information; in fact many potentially hazardous situations, equipment failures or training deficits are detected BEFORE they hurt someone.

I have at last got an electronic form organised for submission of incidents to the DIMS. It is available on my website at http://www.divedoc.net/diving_medicine/dims.asp

The form in necessarily lengthy (don't be scared!) but should be much quicker to fill in now. When you click submit, it sends an email to me containing everything you wrote in the form. It remains anonymous and just tells me the website where the form came from (the form is available on various websites).

So next time you have a mishap whilst diving, no matter how small or insignificant, I would love to hear from you. All the info will be fed back to divers via the popular websites and dive mags, as well as forming the basis for articles in peer reviewed diving medicine journals.

I would especially encourage organised groups of tech divers to encourage data submission eg wreck and cave exploration groups. Forms can still be downloaded in pdf to print out for trips, from www.danseap.org/Page97.html

I appreciate your efforts, apologies if you have received copies of this information through different lists

Ladies bring a plate Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve has a reputation beyond repute Steve's Avatar
    I think this should get a spot in a prominent place, even more than a sticky I mean. How about it boss?
    WARNING: I contain occasional coarse language, extreme sexual references, nudity, and adult themes, which may offend some people - Usually churchy types.

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Richard, thanks for the notification and for collecting the data in the first place.

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Re: DIMS - Diving Incident Monitoring Study

Moved this into the Accident / Incident Forum where it'll be less likely missed.

Closed Thread