+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sidemounted bailout vs regular mounting

RBW Member Fredrik_anselm is on a distinguished road Fredrik_anselm is on a distinguished road Fredrik_anselm's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Sidemounted bailout vs regular mounting

What benefits du you find in diving with your bailout in a side mounted configuration? Why should I dive with my bailout on the same side like "DIR" divers do?

I find it easier to swim with the bailout side mounted but it takes a bit more effort to handle over the bailout to my buddy.

Regards,
    Fredrik

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

Re: Sidemounted bailout vs regular mounting

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik_anselm  View Original Post
    What benefits du you find in diving with your bailout in a side mounted configuration? Why should I dive with my bailout on the same side like "DIR" divers do?

I find it easier to swim with the bailout side mounted but it takes a bit more effort to handle over the bailout to my buddy.

Regards,
    Fredrik
    i have always thought that both cylinders on the left was a compromise to allow the looped long hose to work properly, but then subsequently they say there are benefits when scootering, but honestly, I think I have only ever seen about 3 divers with a scooter in the water. Also getting into a pocket. I have always been much happier one on each side, left lean, right rich. Also, it is easier to identify them quickly, which you may be more likely to need to do as bailout.

Dave

RBW Member Fredrik_anselm is on a distinguished road Fredrik_anselm is on a distinguished road Fredrik_anselm's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Re: Sidemounted bailout vs regular mounting

Thank you for your reply. I have also bin told by GUE instructors that keeping the right side free from bottles is because it is the emergency side. It should be simple at fast to reach your right pocket where your back up equipment is and to manage the longhose. I have also heard that before modern light technologi the canisters where so big that they interfered with the right side bottles and making it difficult having a right side hip d-ring.

There stil is ccr cave instructors that manage the bailout bottles in DIR stile. A friend of mine did a ccr cave diver course last year and the instructor made fun of him because he had his bail out side mounted.
    Obviously you don't need to have you bottles on the same side when diving ccr.

What is the normal way to dive ccr in mines/cave?

+ Reply to Thread