+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guardian OTS BOV Adapter

Supporting Member Sandy is on a distinguished road Sandy is on a distinguished road Sandy's Avatar
    Biomarine, IDA 71

Italian ARO

Guardian OTS BOV Adapter

I've just finished an adapter to fit my KISS BOV to my Guardian full face mask. I don't have a mill so I had to make it from 3 separate parts on my lathe and bond the PVC together. I'll test it later this week.

I fitted the Kiss BOV into the adapter and injected epoxy around it through a little hole with a bleed hole on the other side. It's mostly permanent but I love my full face mask and likely won't convert it back. I could hacksaw it open and peel it off if I really wanted to.
    Attached Images

Just another Meg diver trimix1965 is an unknown quantity at this point trimix1965's Avatar
    Megladon Apecs 2.01

Re: Guardian OTS BOV Adapter

That looks great , maybe you may get a leak problem!

I have a similar problem, I have the old Golem BOV and a FFM but they don't go together , tha BOV has only mouth bit on the back where my FFM has a circle shape for a fitting , I do have a few different fittings but none of these will work with my BOV (Golem Shrimp will work) , was thinking of modifying the BOV mouth part and glueing a Pport fitting .

Sent from my iPhone.

Supporting Member Sandy is on a distinguished road Sandy is on a distinguished road Sandy's Avatar
    Biomarine, IDA 71

Italian ARO

The BOV is sealed to the adapter with two o-rings inside. Epoxy is just to physically hold it locked in the adapter. Sandy

RBW Member Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko's Avatar
    HH Inspiration / Joki

Dolphin, Megalodon, RGU

Are you going to use any king of bite sistem?

Thanks

Biomarine, IDA 71

Italian ARO

No. I'm not using a mouth bite. I want to use comms and it just interferes, AP valves does one of these for the inspiration and it does not use a mouth piece. Thats good enough for me. Sandy

RBW Member SlicerDicer is on a distinguished road SlicerDicer is on a distinguished road SlicerDicer's Avatar
    MK15

Inspiration Vision

Neat!

FFM, BOV, Adapt - Imgur I took these a bit back to show some people. If you are interested anyway :)

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by SlicerDicer  View Original Post
    Neat!

FFM, BOV, Adapt - Imgur I took these a bit back to show some people. If you are interested anyway :)
    That one only works with the APD bailout system. It is a proprietary shape and size connection. It would have been nicer if they made it a standard size that could have fit instead of the bite piece on any BOV. I am still looking for something like that.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Mark Hilley firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver's Avatar
    Kiss Sport

Dolphin, Ray, Homebuild

I've been diving a Guardian on OC for the past few years now after several years of AGA masks. Kinda thought about trying to adapt it to the Rebreather, but as I recall with the AGA's you have to modify them for use with RB.

Do you have to modify the Guardianfor RB use? If so what has to be done? This might get integrated into my next project.

Thanks, FD

RBW Member SlicerDicer is on a distinguished road SlicerDicer is on a distinguished road SlicerDicer's Avatar
    MK15

Inspiration Vision

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    That one only works with the APD bailout system. It is a proprietary shape and size connection. It would have been nicer if they made it a standard size that could have fit instead of the bite piece on any BOV. I am still looking for something like that.
    Hey I am all for standardized things I think its wonderful. Imagine a world with proprietary regulator hoses, tank valves, filling adapters etc. This is what makes things for the masses is standards. Hopefully things will shift this way I would love to see that.

RBW Member Sully has a spectacular aura about Sully has a spectacular aura about Sully has a spectacular aura about Sully has a spectacular aura about Sully has a spectacular aura about Sully's Avatar
    Evo+,Inspiration

Classic

I have the silent diving adapter and have been useing it for a good while now, tried to put it together today in preparation for a dive next week . The problem is the adapter won't for love or money lock into place. The thing seems to bottom out before the clips get to lock ! I thought it might be the O ring so I took it off and tried it without but the thing still won't click into place any ideas ?
    Sully

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast