+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another soon-to-be CCR diver

RBW Member jderoo is an unknown quantity at this point jderoo's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

Another soon-to-be CCR diver

Hello. I've been lurking here for a little while, but now that I'm doing my bit to stimulate Belgium's economy I figured it was time to introduce myself.

I started diving in '99 with my wife. It had long been on the list of Things To Do, but the prospect of going to a friend's wedding in Australia and being able to see the GBR pushed us over the edge. After that, we kept diving, and I eventually went the DM and Instructor route. But I started to get bored teaching OW and AOW classes, so I started tech diving and eventually worked my way up (or down) to full trimix. When I told a local boat captain that I felt I could improve my skills, she suggested I do cave training, which I did. Then my tech/cave dive buddy became a dad and my non recreational diving severely decreased. Over the last several years I have been at a start-up that has consumed most of my time and energy, and I had two kids in college and a wife in grad school, which consumed most of my money. But all three students recently graduated and the start-up had a "successful outcome", so now that I have a little more time and money I am ready for The Next Step. After much reading and discussing options, I decided on the rEvo3. I wired the deposit today, and now I just have to hurry up and wait for it to arrive and for my schedule and my instructor's to line up.

Dive Safely,
    John DeRoo

Forever Learning kennethw is an unknown quantity at this point kennethw's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT / full rMS

Dräger Dolphin (mCCR)

Re: Another soon-to-be CCR diver

Welcome to the board.

I too had been leaking here for a number of years diving my CCR Dolphin. Like you, I just got my rEvo III Micro FT with the full rMS kit on it's way. I got officially certified on Christmas Day, but all the way in Singapore whilst on holiday ... avoiding the wife and kids and other assorted family.

You won't be disappointed with your rEvo.

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by jderoo  View Original Post
    Hello. I've been lurking here for a little while, but now that I'm doing my bit to stimulate Belgium's economy I figured it was time to introduce myself.

I started diving in '99 with my wife. It had long been on the list of Things To Do, but the prospect of going to a friend's wedding in Australia and being able to see the GBR pushed us over the edge. After that, we kept diving, and I eventually went the DM and Instructor route. But I started to get bored teaching OW and AOW classes, so I started tech diving and eventually worked my way up (or down) to full trimix. When I told a local boat captain that I felt I could improve my skills, she suggested I do cave training, which I did. Then my tech/cave dive buddy became a dad and my non recreational diving severely decreased. Over the last several years I have been at a start-up that has consumed most of my time and energy, and I had two kids in college and a wife in grad school, which consumed most of my money. But all three students recently graduated and the start-up had a "successful outcome", so now that I have a little more time and money I am ready for The Next Step. After much reading and discussing options, I decided on the rEvo3. I wired the deposit today, and now I just have to hurry up and wait for it to arrive and for my schedule and my instructor's to line up.

Dive Safely,
    John DeRoo
    John, very nice introduction!

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Welcome on board. If you want to join us at some dives when you have your revo just sent me your e mail and I will give you my phone nr. I' m also doing my class on a rEvo III.
    Have fun

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.929161,5.335633
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rEvo III micro FT

jderoo@jdscuba.com will work. I'm located in Massachusetts, USA, but I may have to travel to Europe for work in the summer...

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.222552,-71.534429

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

Welcome onboard. Have fun with the new toy.
    Best regards and safe diving
    Ossi Italy

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Congratulations! Welcome to the ever growing number of rEvo divers

dive! dive! dive! mmarcoux is an unknown quantity at this point mmarcoux's Avatar
    rEvo 3 Micro FT RMS, JJ CCR

rEvo 3 Standard HCCR

Welcome to the ccr crowd John. I'll be happy to dive with you when you get back from training!

-Matt Marcoux

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

Welcome onboard, John!

Hope to see somewhere out there too. :)

rEvo III micro FT

Thanks, all. Now the waiting is the hardest part.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.362201,-71.083403