+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Informations dive in Azores?

Silent diver
    Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci's Avatar
    Meg,JJ-CCR,Inspiration,Prism2

Ouroboros, Sentinel, Kiss,rEvo

Informations dive in Azores?

Hi
    I'm looking for information to go diving in the Azores with a small group of CCR divers.
    Someone can help me with some information.

Thanks in advance

Best

Aldo

Aldo Ferrucci
    Trimix and Rebreather IT
    Technical CCR/OC Training for Diver and Instructor in Italian - French - English in Italy, France, Belgium, Switzerland,Spain, Red Sea and beyond
    Megalodon/Copis - Inspiration/Evolution - JJ-CCR - Poseidon Discovery MKVI - Instructor Trainer and Dealer

www.aldoferrucci.com FB Aldo Ferrucci
    I like bubbles only in my glass of Champagne

RBW Member PPA is an unknown quantity at this point PPA's Avatar

Re: Informations dive in Azores?

Where in Azores do you plan to go diving.
    Pedro

Silent diver
    Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci's Avatar
    Meg,JJ-CCR,Inspiration,Prism2

Ouroboros, Sentinel, Kiss,rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by PPA  View Original Post
    Where in Azores do you plan to go diving.
    Pedro
    I would like to dive with sharks and whales, but some wrecks are welcome too!

Best

aldo
    Aldo Ferrucci
    Trimix and Rebreather IT
    Technical CCR/OC Training for Diver and Instructor in Italian - French - English in Italy, France, Belgium, Switzerland,Spain, Red Sea and beyond
    Megalodon/Copis - Inspiration/Evolution - JJ-CCR - Poseidon Discovery MKVI - Instructor Trainer and Dealer

www.aldoferrucci.com FB Aldo Ferrucci
    I like bubbles only in my glass of Champagne

RBW Member Berlengas is an unknown quantity at this point Berlengas's Avatar
    Megalodon, Apecs 2.7 X-link

Hello Aldo

To dive in the Azores with CCR is not easy, but if you plan everything with time maybe is possible, right now one of the best islands to see Sharks mantas and wales is the Small island of Santa Maria, try to talk with Paulo Reis from this company http://www.paralelo37.pt/

Wrecks, there are a few, the most visit is the wreck Dory in S. Miguel Island....20 mt SW...

Then you have all the Islands and all have dive centres, and all have great spot´s to dive, but no ccr friendly...

To see wrecks and deep reef you also can try the Portuguese mainland, where I work we are Rebreather friendly and have some nice wrecks 50 mt SW and 66 mt SW and really nice deep reef:

If you need more help to the Azores our the mainland expedition, pm me.

Regard´s

RBW Member Verlock is an unknown quantity at this point Verlock's Avatar
    O2ptima Rev D, MKVI

Espirito Azul - Centro e Loja de Mergulho it is rebreather friendly

RBW Member PPA is an unknown quantity at this point PPA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Ferrucci  View Original Post
    I would like to dive with sharks and whales, but some wrecks are welcome too!

Best

aldo
    The best place is probably Santa Maria, but i am not sure if they are rebeather friendly. You can always ship your gear from the continent.
    About wrecks i haven't heard about deep wrecks in Azores.

Age Quod Agis psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo is a jewel in the rough psmedo's Avatar
    INSPIRATION VISION

Hi Aldo;

Best destination for your porpose is FAIAL island. Although CCR diving is unknown over there (no O2 fillings or He) it´s possible to organize an expedition. Some of world top dive sites as this film shows are in reach by boat from FAIAL. If you´re intressted we can organize toghether all logistics cause is also of my intrest to have more CCR divers to come there.

So far i´m trying alone to put up an expedition (to go alone) dive these off shore places but as the only CCR diver it´s quite dificult and expensive (no share cost in gases). Gases must be ordered well in advanced and shiped overseas also with the heavy dive gear (bail-outs etc) due to weight restrictions in flights. Although SATA (Azorean Airlines) offer´s a diver´s weight package alowing some extra kilos it´s not enough for such an expedition.

Best local organization can go trough NORBERTO DIVER in Faial ( ) - (Norberto Diver | Só mais um site WordPress)
    whom can grant dives with sharks and other pelagic creatures including mantas.

Whale diving is not allowed but if you´re underwater and these creatures apear then it´s OK.

I´ve just returned from FAIAL and had a meeting with NORBERTO (we flew togehter also to Lisbon). Actualy i was proposing exacly this type of activity. CCR diving in FAIAL. He´s out now in Morroco for holydays but will be in PLONGEE (dive exibition) and after in the german dive exibition i tink in Franfurt (BOOT ??).

Anyway, i can also talk to Jose and Armando (Andreia Doria 50 year expeditiondiver´s) and we all could arranje an outstanding expedition for this summer. I intend to go there anyway even if alone and so i´m waiting information requested about renting prices for 50 L tanks with O2 and He from some companies in mainland.

Best RGDS

Paulo Medo

Hello Aldo,
    A couple years ago I traveled to 3 islands for diving. I went with a trip planned by Azores.com to S. Miguel and Santa Maria islands, which are in the Eastern group, and then Faial in the central group. In Faial I dove with Norberto mentioned here. I can't remember the name of the lady at Azores.com but she did a great job putting it all together. Great time. Good luck and have fun --- Johnny

RBW Member Ballester is an unknown quantity at this point Ballester's Avatar
    MEG CCR

Megalodon, Sentinel Expedition

Quote Originally Posted by psmedo  View Original Post
    Hi Aldo;

Best destination for your porpose is FAIAL island. Although CCR diving is unknown over there (no O2 fillings or He) it´s possible to organize an expedition. Some of world top dive sites Diving Azores - Princesa Alice - Mergulho nos Açores - YouTube as this film shows are in reach by boat from FAIAL. If you´re intressted we can organize toghether all logistics cause is also of my intrest to have more CCR divers to come there.

So far i´m trying alone to put up an expedition (to go alone) dive these off shore places but as the only CCR diver it´s quite dificult and expensive (no share cost in gases). Gases must be ordered well in advanced and shiped overseas also with the heavy dive gear (bail-outs etc) due to weight restrictions in flights. Although SATA (Azorean Airlines) offer´s a diver´s weight package alowing some extra kilos it´s not enough for such an expedition.

Best local organization can go trough NORBERTO DIVER in Faial ( Norberto Hypnose Fish Underwater in Faial, Azores - YouTube) - (Norberto Diver | Só mais um site WordPress)
    whom can grant dives with sharks and other pelagic creatures including mantas.

Whale diving is not allowed but if you´re underwater and these creatures apear then it´s OK.

I´ve just returned from FAIAL and had a meeting with NORBERTO (we flew togehter also to Lisbon). Actualy i was proposing exacly this type of activity. CCR diving in FAIAL. He´s out now in Morroco for holydays but will be in PLONGEE (dive exibition) and after in the german dive exibition i tink in Franfurt (BOOT ??).

Anyway, i can also talk to Jose and Armando (Andreia Doria 50 year expeditiondiver´s) and we all could arranje an outstanding expedition for this summer. I intend to go there anyway even if alone and so i´m waiting information requested about renting prices for 50 L tanks with O2 and He from some companies in mainland.

Best RGDS

Paulo Medo
    Paulo you can coun't me in when you want to make that trip!

RBW Member nerus is an unknown quantity at this point nerus's Avatar
    submatix

Hi Aldo,

I m Sofiane, from the Nerus diving center located in Sao Miguel in Azores. on our island, there are 2 rebreather friendly dive center, mine and espirito azul located in Vila franca... I don t want to make a post dedicated to advertise my dive center, so if you would like more infos about diving around here, you can send me private mail or get in touch with Jeff, he s just coming back from diving with me last week with submatix CCr group... so he can definitly give you an objective feed back about his experience...

I will be in salon de la plongee (with Jeff) also if you want to have a chatt about it...

if you want an idea about how is scuba diing around here:
    www.nerusazores.eu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast