+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Year's Day Hydro Dive

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

New Year's Day Hydro Dive

Jeff, Daniele, Kim and I went out to dive the hydro today to start off the new year. Conditions couldn't have been better - nice vis, calm seas, no current. A very nice dive - we were reluctant to leave the bottom.

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Re: New Year's Day Hydro Dive

It was awesome out there today, I could easily see the dive boat from 140 fsw. Very light current. Nice job, Mr. Land

RBW Member LLWS will become famous soon enough LLWS will become famous soon enough LLWS will become famous soon enough LLWS's Avatar
    O2ptima

I would like to know the secrets to that brilliant camera work. Quite nice, indeed.

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by LLWS  View Original Post
    I would like to know the secrets to that brilliant camera work. Quite nice, indeed.
    Wide lens.
    Long strobe arms.
    Underexpose the image, and let the strobes fill in the foreground color.
    Only show the good ones.

RBW Member azjohnnyo is an unknown quantity at this point azjohnnyo's Avatar
    Great shots!!! Love the B&W conversions!

JohnnyO
    ------------
    "What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?"

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Awesome photos Tony! I especially like the B&W ones!

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

Great shots, not jealous of your local conditions at all....
    Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Hi Tony,

I can always count on you for great pictures.

Happy new year.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    Wide lens.
    Long strobe arms.
    Underexpose the image, and let the strobes fill in the foreground color.
    Only show the good ones.
    The first few bits of advice are definitely important, but the last one has always served me well. Even though mine is modified a tad:

"First take as many pictures as you can, then only show the best of the good ones!"

Nice work with the pictures Tony. It's a rare treat to see you shooting stills instead of video. My guess is someone swiped your video lights.

Adrian
    Last edited by Linda Bowen; 3rd January 2012 at 19:59.

+ Reply to Thread