+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lead time on APD cells

Paul Daniels eXile is on a distinguished road eXile is on a distinguished road eXile's Avatar
    Ouroboros #107

Classic Inspo, Ray, Homebuild

Lead time on APD cells

Guys just letting you all know that APD seems to have there act together now. Needed three 02 cells for my inspo, ordered them and had them within a week. Looks like the supply problem is over.

Paul

RBW Member thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster's Avatar
    APD Evolution Vision

The guy I'm buying my evolution from, told me yesterday he just got some brand new cells this week too - been waiting a while for them too. So my evo have brand new ones for when I collect it

Glad all these issues are getting resolved, now just hope the turn around time for a head service is better than the 4-5wks I've been quoted!

Regards

Richard
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's All Good! RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith's Avatar
    Inspo Evolution

Stay tuned!

Re: Lead time on APD cells

Good news in deed. Got my unit in July when all the hype was on and cells were scarce. Glad things are straightened away, hopefully the cells maintain stability and last.

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Lead time on APD cells

I got an e-mail stating that my request is now able to be filled, but they're out of office next couple of days. It's been about 2 weeks since my inquiry. Is the head service back log related to the sensors?

RBW Member thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster's Avatar
    APD Evolution Vision

I'm afraid I don't know...sorry. Long story short: the price I'm paying for the evo includes a head service / any repairs. Due to flights I'm picking it up (early) before the service and we enquired how long it would take for the head to be turned around, thinking maybe we could get it done before the 12th. But was told 4-5wks. So now I'm sending the head, and the seller will be paying the bill.

I heard serviced heads where getting priority for cells when there was a shortage, but that is just heresay.

Regards

Richard
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by eXile  View Original Post
    Looks like the supply problem is over.

Banned Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del's Avatar
    JJ, it rocks!

Sports KISS

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

APD cells

Not sure if this has already been openly stated, but Ed notified me today that both sensors are available on line through their webstore for $110.

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    Inspo classic w/ HH lid

Dolphin as is :)

Quote Originally Posted by eXile  View Original Post
    Guys just letting you all know that APD seems to have there act together now. Needed three 02 cells for my inspo, ordered them and had them within a week. Looks like the supply problem is over.

Paul

Let us know how they will perform.. And more over in case you need a cell changed on warranty let us know how the whole process is handled including payment for shipping cost etc..
    Somewhat I have never been given an answer on such question from the people who had issues with their cells..

Wreck Ferret in training Garspeed is on a distinguished road Garspeed is on a distinguished road Garspeed's Avatar
    Modified Inspo Vision

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogenius  View Original Post
    Let us know how they will perform.. And more over in case you need a cell changed on warranty let us know how the whole process is handled including payment for shipping cost etc..
    Somewhat I have never been given an answer on such question from the people who had issues with their cells..
    Guys

Just for info, I have had more than my fair share of problems with new AP cells. On each occaision, I have called AP, discussed issue, tests performed and results on same and agreed to send cells back for replacement. These faulty cells were replaced within a week, even when guys were still waiting months for new cells ie you jump to front of queue. I have always had to pay paid postage to return cells.

This has been a painfull process for all but AP seem to be getting there with both the quality of replacement and their service has always been first rate. This is the only reason I am still using AP cells as many of my fellow divers are on N@90 or Techme issued cells.

Cheers
    Gar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast