+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VPlanner Differences?

RBW Member thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster's Avatar
    APD Evolution Vision

VPlanner Differences?

Have the trial version of VPlanner for Mac, very impressed. Looking at purchasing the version for iOS.

Is there any fundamental differences between all the versions. What's missing for example from the iOS version compares to Win/Mac editions. Thanks!

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karlos (FrogTec) karlos1968 will become famous soon enough karlos1968 will become famous soon enough karlos1968 will become famous soon enough karlos1968's Avatar
    VR Sentinel Expedition

I use both, primarily the iOS version on my iPhone & iPad though, the desktop only gets used when I am at home & daydreaming!

Differences; the plans will come out the same as long as you have the same settings on both.

The iOS version does not have the tabs for multiple outputs ie excel etc. it does not log your profiles, or have the ability to open each dive in series individually (you have to go back to the dive in case you want to edit). You also do not have the options to click on longer/deeper, lost gas etc. you need to plan these scenarios individually.

You can't use the tools whilst planning, so if you want to play with best mix or what if scenarios on gas top offs you have to do it in turn or (have two devices running it) it also does not give you the option to select this mix if used in tools (minor issue).

The latest upgrades have been a major improvement, the original app only did depth in 3m increments, did not have ability to copy to clipboard (more in a bit) & I used it more as a rough guide at that time. The only gripe on the iPhone the dials & sliders are tiny and is often difficult to fine tune the settings especially if at sea!

Best way to use, plan the dive, and when it says copy to clipboard, click it, open notes and click paste, your plan appears here, you can email this to your mates or add to your logs or even print to take with you.....

You need to do this for each dive however in that series as it only copies the current planned dive not the series.

All this said and done, it is a great app and gets more use than the (more expensive) desktop version, but is not cheap in itself, if you own more than one iOS device you can install on both for one fee, you just need to make sure you log on with the same username & password.

I have tried to attach a couple of screen shots, I do think they have attached, if you want I will try and PM them to you?

Best of luck,

Karl

RBW Member Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes's Avatar

Re: VPlanner Differences?

I have the Windows version and I like this deco software but the problem is that if you change any part of your PC (CPU, graphics card, hard disk, etc) or overclock your system, then you need a new key each time

Regards, Alkermes.

RBW Member hzracing is on a distinguished road hzracing is on a distinguished road hzracing's Avatar
    KISS Classic #370

Quote Originally Posted by Alkermes  View Original Post
    I have the Windows version and I like this deco software but the problem is that if you change any part of your PC (CPU, graphics card, hard disk, etc) or overclock your system, then you need a new key each time

Regards, Alkermes.
    You get 4 keys a year for FREE, how many times are you changing your computer??

RBW Member Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes's Avatar

I change several times at year, even change the entire system... I love to mod my PC, overclocking, water cooling, etc

Regards, Alkermes.

RBW Member Alexx is an unknown quantity at this point Alexx's Avatar
    Megalodon

Regards, Alkermes.
    I have read somwhere thath the Vplanner key is connected with motherboard and BIOS. So I don`t think you will loose your key if you change graphic card, or hard disk.

From VPlanner Support:

The install code originates from the hardware in your computer system.

Major changes to the components or BIOS of your computer, will change it's identity, and require a new code and key set.

Regards, Alkermes.

RBW Member Alexx is an unknown quantity at this point Alexx's Avatar
    Megalodon

From VPlanner Support:

The install code originates from the hardware in your computer system.

Major changes to the components or BIOS of your computer, will change it's identity, and require a new code and key set.

Regards, Alkermes.

Well let me put it this way:) I have changed memory and graphic card so far, and all works for now:) Next step is HDD with system on it. I`ll let you know how that went!

Cheers

Today I have changed my hard disk (Intel SSD) to a new (SSD too)... I need new keys for VPlanner again

Regards, Alkermes.

+ Reply to Thread