+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dive Detectives

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Re: Dive Detectives

Quote Originally Posted by udtabn  View Original Post
    Leaky regs (on several dives)

LOL I don't think I have ever had a reg that did NOT leak........

RBW Member Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure's Avatar
    Draeger Dolphin (modified)

Having worked in video production in the Los Angeles area a while back, I can tell you that it's probably very likely that the producers of the show, or the network funding it, have pressured them to make the show more "dramatic." Unfortunately, in the process, that may make the on-screen talent look less competent than they really are. Look at "reality TV" - there isn't much "real" about it. Much of it is staged or coached, and the many hours of footage they shoot is sifted through by "story editors" to create stories from the material they have. They re-arrange events and dialog to tell the story they want to tell, not necessarily the one that actually happened. More drama is always "better" in their minds.

If my poking fun at Warren's on-screen mishaps offended someone, I'm sorry. I don't know them, I only know what I've seen on the show. RSmith says he knows them, and they are good guys. I can believe that. Too bad the show's producers chose to make a big deal out of certain things.

It's All Good! RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith's Avatar
    Inspo Evolution

Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.McClure  View Original Post
    Having worked in video production in the Los Angeles area a while back, I can tell you that it's probably very likely that the producers of the show, or the network funding it, have pressured them to make the show more "dramatic." Unfortunately, in the process, that may make the on-screen talent look less competent than they really are. Look at "reality TV" - there isn't much "real" about it. Much of it is staged or coached, and the many hours of footage they shoot is sifted through by "story editors" to create stories from the material they have. They re-arrange events and dialog to tell the story they want to tell, not necessarily the one that actually happened. More drama is always "better" in their minds.

If my poking fun at Warren's on-screen mishaps offended someone, I'm sorry. I don't know them, I only know what I've seen on the show. RSmith says he knows them, and they are good guys. I can believe that. Too bad the show's producers chose to make a big deal out of certain things.
    Hey Scott, I didn't take offence to your comment at all and I understand what you were saying, meaning. Actually one good point that you brought up was about producing and editing. They had no real creative control during the Sea Hunter days as explained to me. In order to make the show have Appeal, some sceens were edited to look dangerous, and lets remember most of the producers and editors know very little about diving, the risks. Hey drama sells, I just wished there were more shows about diving, rather than seeing how the folks in the Hills are getting by...lol...