+ Reply to Thread

Thread: V-Planner on android phone

RBW Member Liesbeth Vander Plancken is an unknown quantity at this point Liesbeth Vander Plancken's Avatar
    rEvo III MicroFT

V-Planner on android phone

Hi,

I use V-planner on my PC. I would like to get it on my android phone. I see you can get it for free on the android market but do I need to get a new registration key as well or can I just ask an extra key?

RBW Member Rydeaway is on a distinguished road Rydeaway is on a distinguished road Rydeaway's Avatar

Re: V-Planner on android phone

It is my understanding that you can use it for free in a "limited" form, but if you want to unlock all of the features, you must purchase a new key. The pc key purchase does not transfer/unlock the handheld versions. Unfortunately.

RBW Member Captain Bil has a spectacular aura about Captain Bil has a spectacular aura about Captain Bil has a spectacular aura about Captain Bil has a spectacular aura about Captain Bil has a spectacular aura about Captain Bil's Avatar
    Meg ECCR

I have it on both PC and my Droid X. Had to purchase separate keys.

RebreatherWorld Sponsor rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh's Avatar

The registration is divided into groups, and each group requires its own registration and fee.

* Desktop - PC, Mac, Linux,
    * Mobiles - Android, MS Mobile,
    * iPhone, iPod, iPad (via Appstore only)
    * X1 programs.
    * DR5 programs.

All programs include free updates for life.

Please purchase a registration for your Android program at:

http://www.hhssoftware.com/v-planner/reginfo2.html

Regards
    Ross Hemingway
    ------------------------------------------

V-Planner PC, Mac, Mobile, iPhone-iPod, Android. MultiDeco Android, PC, Mac.
    V-Planner Live and MultiDeco-X1 for the Liquivision X1 dive computer.
    MultiDeco-DR5 for the DR-5 dive computer.

RBW Member Rydeaway is on a distinguished road Rydeaway is on a distinguished road Rydeaway's Avatar

Since you are here, Ross…….

I love your program and really appreciate all that you have done in the development. I was more than happy to pay for my registration when I got into oc tech diving ages ago. However, the updates for life are great, etc., etc. but why should I have to pay for three unlock codes if I want your software on my pc, ipad, and my android? I have decided not to use it on my android as a result and have been frustrated by this. It would help if you could explain the logic.

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Liesbeth Vander Plancken  View Original Post
    Hi,

I use V-planner on my PC. I would like to get it on my android phone. I see you can get it for free on the android market but do I need to get a new registration key as well or can I just ask an extra key?
    If you are using Shearwater with your rEvo III you can now get VPM-B too, together with Buhlmann GF, best of both world!
    If you don't have a Shearwater, get one! You don't need the rest!

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Rydeaway  View Original Post

I love your program and really appreciate all that you have done in the development. I was more than happy to pay for my registration when I got into oc tech diving ages ago. However, the updates for life are great, etc., etc. but why should I have to pay for three unlock codes if I want your software on my pc, ipad, and my android? I have decided not to use it on my android as a result and have been frustrated by this. It would help if you could explain the logic.
    They're different programs on different platforms. Completely different animals. And well worth the price. I no longer use my Windows Mobile version I had on my old PDA since getting an iPhone a few years ago. But I still own 3 different versions.

RebreatherWorld Sponsor rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rydeaway  View Original Post
    It would help if you could explain the logic.
    Its a full time job to maintian all this, and keep up with changes, and add new versions for new OS's. You can see that we group all items together as much as possible. The iOS Apple phone is the exception as they command the entire process - I have to buy my own app from Apple too..

The Android / Mobile program costs just half the price of a single tank boat charter, is more reliable than your $1500 light, and will last longer than your $2000 suit. The only thing cheaper in tech diving is a stainless clip - you probably have 10 of those.

The V-Planner program line up is now 10 years old and updated and maintained regularly, and continues to expand.
    Ross Hemingway
    ------------------------------------------

V-Planner PC, Mac, Mobile, iPhone-iPod, Android. MultiDeco Android, PC, Mac.
    V-Planner Live and MultiDeco-X1 for the Liquivision X1 dive computer.
    MultiDeco-DR5 for the DR-5 dive computer.

Point taken, I continue to be a happy customer. Thank you for the reply!

Scuba Nerd voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Ray, RG-UF/M , FGT I/D

I have V-planner on my PC, Android phone and X1
    and I like it a lot, money well spent !
    Especially with the great and fast service Ross provides.

To have it on your phone could be overkill, but is way easier than dragging a laptop to the garage when blending or to bring a PC somewhere to discuss some dive plans.

+ Reply to Thread