+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rebreather from stab-jacket?

RBW Member Paua is an unknown quantity at this point Paua's Avatar

Cool Re: Rebreather from stab-jacket?

You can get old horsecollar type snorkel vests for $10 on TradeMe. Collected a few mainly as a source of corrugated hose, but found it real easy to make into cheao O2 breathers.

Cheers,

Paua

RBW Member Anthony Appleyard is an unknown quantity at this point Anthony Appleyard's Avatar

Re: Rebreather from stab-jacket?

See my CGI art down this thread :: I do not dive any more due to age, so my gear-making is limited to CGI art. Examination of a Buddy Commando stab-jacket shows 2 holes in the bag: one for the by-mouth inflation tube, one for the blowoff valve. That limits design to a breathing circuit that goes through the bag once, using each hole once.

If two more holes could be safely securely made in the stab bag, as the bag is so big compared to a rebreather's bag, the bag could be split into two compartments by sewing down where the two sides meet at the top, and make the circuit go from mouth to right side of the bag to canister to left side of the bag to mouth, with a double-bag system.

Thinker n Tinkerer Sparedone is an unknown quantity at this point Sparedone's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

Bp240/bmr500, BG174

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Appleyard  View Original Post
    See my CGI art down this thread :: I do not dive any more due to age, so my gear-making is limited to CGI art. Examination of a Buddy Commando stab-jacket shows 2 holes in the bag: one for the by-mouth inflation tube, one for the blowoff valve. That limits design to a breathing circuit that goes through the bag once, using each hole once.

If two more holes could be safely securely made in the stab bag, as the bag is so big compared to a rebreather's bag, the bag could be split into two compartments by sewing down where the two sides meet at the top, and make the circuit go from mouth to right side of the bag to canister to left side of the bag to mouth, with a double-bag system.
    I enjoyed your renderings! Sorry to hear you aren't diving. If you have new projects I'd love to see them. Might you also consider doing cgi art for other people's designs?
    Regards,
    Cameron

RBW Member theJonas is an unknown quantity at this point theJonas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lof  View Original Post
    Many moons ago, at the begining of this millenium I have "designed" few of these babies. Even dove some of them.
    I just dug out the old web site

Horse Collar Based CCR
    GolemGear

Wing Based CCR
    GolemGear

and the best of them
    the Dry Suit based CCR
    GolemGear

Here is the Home page for the old site
    GolemGear

Remember, do not try this at home, I was already tried, by highly skilled professionals

Dry suit CCR was the best! Maybe it could have the scrubber inside the suit for heat generation during cold water dives.

RBW Member Anthony Appleyard is an unknown quantity at this point Anthony Appleyard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparedone  View Original Post
    I enjoyed your renderings! Sorry to hear you aren't diving. If you have new projects I'd love to see them. Might you also consider doing cgi art for other people's designs?
    Regards,
    Cameron
    Here is a Poser render of CGI models that I made of two rebreathers made in reality from divers' Fenzy lifejackets, that I saw photographs of on this forum.

1_of_each_00.jpg
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenzy
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poser

Fenzy is known for making diver's lifejackets, but they were making rebreathers long before that.

"doing cgi art for other people's designs" :: whose designs of what?

Here is my rebreather-from-stabjacket model again, with a gasmask (without its canister) as a fullface mask. The exit one-way flap valve in the front of the gasmask helps to enforce the gas circulation. In the Poser model, the set's bag can inflate and deflate.
    rebrfromstab3_07_tubes_back_01.jpg
    Last edited by Anthony Appleyard; 18th September 2016 at 22:56.

RBW Member Paua is an unknown quantity at this point Paua's Avatar

I've made a couple of O2 rebreathers from old snorkling vests including one from an old Fenzy BC

cheers

Paua

Thinker n Tinkerer Sparedone is an unknown quantity at this point Sparedone's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

Bp240/bmr500, BG174

Quote Originally Posted by Paua  View Original Post
    I've made a couple of O2 rebreathers from old snorkling vests including one from an old Fenzy BC

cheers

Paua
    Sounds like some good projects. Any pics?

Regards,
    Cameron

As a stab-jacket's bag is so big, it may be possible to sew down along the midline at the top and thus divide it into separate inhalent and exhalent bags.

Photographer & Journalist John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard's Avatar
    rEvo II Mini Hybrid

Bob Howell did just that with an AP jacket 20+ years ago when homebuilds were all there was.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast