+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rebreather from stab-jacket?

RBW Member Anthony Appleyard is an unknown quantity at this point Anthony Appleyard's Avatar

Rebreather from stab-jacket?

Have you heard of anyone converting a stab-jacket into a rebreather? (Not merely using a stab jacket as a rebreather's backpack harness.)

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Re: Rebreather from stab-jacket?

hmmm I've seen a few conversions over the years on homebuild sites, if you mean to use the aircell as a lung. The only one I can recall right now is duncans P1ss, which is ablj based.

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

scary...

Quote Originally Posted by divetheworld  View Original Post
    but generally, breathing in and out of a wing or stab jacket as your CL would be no different than a mfg'd CL...the same materials are used, and it goes without saying that sterilization is a critical maintenance step.

the practical design issue is dead space - stab jackets are a large volume and would serve as only the inhale or exhale lung. seems like it might be easy to trap bad gas somewhere, or would take alot of effort to flush properly

I have thought about it, as I have an old Scubapro Classic laying around, just one of those projects on the long list that I have yet to get to.

Draeger Ray ?

RBW Member Anthony Appleyard is an unknown quantity at this point Anthony Appleyard's Avatar

Any chance of links or images to these?

Quote Originally Posted by EBT  View Original Post
    hmmm I've seen a few conversions over the years on homebuild sites, if you mean to use the aircell as a lung. The only one I can recall right now is duncans P1ss, which is ablj based.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo  View Original Post
    Draeger Ray ?

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Herewith a CGI render of my idea at a rebreather made from a stabjacket.
    Attached Images

RBW Member tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris's Avatar
    Evolution, Side-mount Meg

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Appleyard  View Original Post
    Herewith a CGI render of my idea at a rebreather made from a stabjacket.
    I have thought about using a BC as a counter lung with a sidemount RB.

Cleaning it might be a challenge but it sounds interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

Many moons ago, at the begining of this millenium I have "designed" few of these babies. Even dove some of them.
    I just dug out the old web site

Horse Collar Based CCR
    GolemGear

Wing Based CCR
    GolemGear

and the best of them
    the Dry Suit based CCR
    GolemGear

Here is the Home page for the old site
    GolemGear

Remember, do not try this at home, I was already tried, by highly skilled professionals

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast