+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Valves....how much open ?

Custom Title Allowed! Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia's Avatar

Valves....how much open ?

Hello all,

While diving your YBOD how much do you open your valves ? On mine I open O2 side 2 turns and Dil fully open. What do you do? Does going deep makes any difference having the O2 not fully open?

Decodiver
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Farrugia
    Hello all,

While diving your YBOD how much do you open your valves ? On mine I open O2 side 2 turns and Dil fully open. What do you do? Does going deep makes any difference having the O2 not fully open?
    Pierre,

I have both the Dil and O2 open one-and-a-half turns.

No problem even at 125 metres.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

Custom Title Allowed! Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia's Avatar
    This is considering that you do not use the diluent reg, if I am not mistaken you do not use a dil reg.

regards

Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by Decodiver
    Pierre,

I have both the Dil and O2 open one-and-a-half turns.

No problem even at 125 metres.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar
    don't know if it helps but on the Meg its one and half to two turns (depending on how accurate I am!) no reg on mine either...

Stuart

Decodiver
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Farrugia
    This is considering that you do not use the diluent reg, if I am not mistaken you do not use a dil reg.

regards

Pierre
    Hi Pierre,

No regs on my CCR.

My Rebreather does just that, it rebreathes.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

Custom Title Allowed! Robert Cook is on a distinguished road Robert Cook is on a distinguished road Robert Cook's Avatar
    About a turn or so, sometimes not even that much, particularly if I'm shallow. I don't have any regs on my onboard gas, however,

Thanks,
    Robert

Custom Title Allowed! buggeriamold is an unknown quantity at this point buggeriamold's Avatar
    Just to show my Rb newbie status, why not full open?

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar

Lightbulb Valves....

Quote Originally Posted by buggeriamold
    Just to show my Rb newbie status, why not full open?

On the oxygen side, if your solenoid sticks in the full open position, it is a much faster shut-down if you only have to go a turn and a half, or two turns, for example.

As for the dil side, your consideration is not one of over-oxygenation, but simply the fact that in-board RB bottles are generally very small, and the faster you can shut one down with a leak, the better off you are.

Just my PPO2's worth.

Rob

Johnny The Hatch Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad is just really nice Johnny Bekkestad's Avatar
    CCR2000, Megalodon, Homebuilt

Norge, FGT, mk15, KISS, Inspo

It would be nice to hear from anyone who uses KISS... how much do you open?

/JOnny

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by ROB DAVIE

On the oxygen side, if your solenoid sticks in the full open position, it is a much faster shut-down if you only have to go a turn and a half, or two turns, for example.

As for the dil side, your consideration is not one of over-oxygenation, but simply the fact that in-board RB bottles are generally very small, and the faster you can shut one down with a leak, the better off you are.

Just my PPO2's worth.

Rob
    The oxygen valves need VERY LITTLE flow through them and the gas thats inside the reg and hoses is more than enough to supply whatever flow is neeeded.. Just shut your valves down and prove it to yourself.. as long as there is reasonable pressure to start with you have a few minutes of oxygen without any flow from the tanks..

I only open my oxygen valve about 1/2 turn and my dilunet about the same... even if I go to the oc reg I can get enough gas from the reg to allow me to turn the valves on.. I also know that if my diluent button gets stuck, I wount have runaway gas addition.. the flow drops off quickly (I have had my dil valve stick once - it was on my neoprene lungs that I got from ISC, which is basically I drysuit valve, and it was no problem at all)

I have had my HP seat on my diluent go... I didn;t lose that much gas because the valve wasnt that open sdo flow was limited and I was able to quickly shut it down..

If it was on my oxygen side I could expect the same outcome..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast