+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rebreather vs Tank (what are the benefits of Rebreathers?)

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Re: Rebreather vs Tank (what are the benefits of Rebreathers?)

Quote Originally Posted by scuba jerm
    I'd love to try it, seems like it's used considerable less than OC diving. So availabilty to learn locally maybe an issue?
    If you still visit SoCal you can contact SSA-Scuba Schools of America in Montclair or Woddland Hills. They've had several pool sessions for AP Inspiration and Dräger Dolphin over the last couple years.

Also look out for Advanced Diver Magazine's CCR Tryouts. There have been several last year around the country and usually include both KISS units and the O2ptima, sometimes the Meg, too.

Finally, if you're intrested in a particular unit, many instructors will do a pool session and intro on the unit(s) they teach.

I've done several before choosing a unit and enjoyed all of them. Wrote a report about them, you can find it in the library. Cost anywhere between $100 for a 1 on 1 with an instructor to free for the SSA group of people.

New Member scuba jerm is an unknown quantity at this point scuba jerm's Avatar

Re: Rebreather vs Tank (what are the benefits of Rebreathers?)

Thanks for the info, I come down to SoCal once in a while when the surf is good, or when I just need to dive again. I'll look into those places.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2