+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 283 meters (928.5 feet) on DualRebreateher in Dahab, Egypt.

RBW Member starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas's Avatar

283 meters (928.5 feet) on DualRebreateher in Dahab, Egypt.

November traditionally is a month when we are training deep dives. This time main reason is to prepare team and equipment for winter exploration of Hranicka Propast in Chech Republic.
    Last deep dive there I completed in 2000 reaching 180 meters on OC and I discovered huge further explorations possibilities. Just not on OCJ. This cave easily can surpass 300 meters and such depth presents new challenges for our team and equipment. Fortunately last few weeks spend in Egypt was able to prove that my DualRebreather is ready and several deep dives trained our team to work as one cohesive unit. Now we have somewhat clearer picture what can be expected on depths below 250 meters.
    Egypt is excellent training ground for deep diving. Warm Read Sea waters with easy access to deep sites (shore diving with no need to charter boats); friendly Planet Divers Dahab providing tanks, gases and logistics. In short: all we need to succeed.
    Day after day we were performing deeper and deeper dives. Any free time we were spending training emergency procedures. Finally on November 2nd last dive to depth of 283 meters (928.5 feet) with total run time of 9 hours.
    All dives were completed in Blue Hole, every time I was swimming there from The Bells on 100 meter depth using scooter lend by Polish divers from Olsztyn; thank you my friends!
    More details and video from this dive will be available soon on Krzysztof Starnawski
    Team:
    Krzysztof Starnawski - diver, Dual Rebreather HammerHead,
    Irena Stangierska - photo and support, sidemount Eques,
    Marek Klyta - support, rebreather Hammerhead,
    Grzegorz Rutkowski - support, rebreather HammerHead,
    I would like also say thanks to Wiesiek Zahor who joined us on last day and provided topside support for our team.

RBW Member starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas's Avatar

November traditionally is a month when we are training deep dives. This time main reason is to prepare team and equipment for winter exploration of Hranicka Propast in Chech Republic.

Last deep dive there I completed in 2000 reaching 180 meters on OC and I discovered huge further explorations possibilities. Just not on OCJ. This cave easily can surpass 300 meters and such depth presents new challenges for our team and equipment. Fortunately last few weeks spend in Egypt was able to prove that my DualRebreather is ready and several deep dives trained our team to work as one cohesive unit. Now we have somewhat clearer picture what can be expected on depths below 250 meters.

Egypt is excellent training ground for deep diving. Warm Read Sea waters with easy access to deep sites (shore diving with no need to charter boats); friendly Planet Divers Dahab providing tanks, gases and logistics. In short: all we need to succeed.
    Day after day we were performing deeper and deeper dives. Any free time we were spending training emergency procedures. Finally on November 2nd last dive to depth of 283 meters (928.5 feet) with total run time of 9 hours.

All dives were completed in Blue Hole, every time I was swimming there from The Bells on 100 meter depth using scooter lend by Polish divers from Olsztyn; thank you my friends!
    More details and video from this dive will be available soon on Krzysztof Starnawski

Team:
    Krzysztof Starnawski - diver, Dual Rebreather HammerHead,
    Irena Stangierska - photo and support, sidemount Eques,
    Marek Klyta - support, rebreather Hammerhead,
    Grzegorz Rutkowski - support, rebreather HammerHead,
    I would like also say thanks to Wiesiek Zahor who joined us on last day and provided topside support for our team.

Krzysztof Starnawski

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Re: 283 meters (928.5 feet) on DualRebreateher in Dahab, Egypt.

Thank you for sharing - Can you tell us how the dual RB's were configured?

RBW Member scubahelga is an unknown quantity at this point scubahelga's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: 283 meters (928.5 feet) on DualRebreateher in Dahab, Egypt.

Congratulations, very cool!

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Impressive! Thanks for sharing!

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Congrats to everyone concerned...That is a long way back up!!!

Regards,

Lance

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

WOW... Congrats to everyone involved in the event!

Glad to see the HH in action on a dive like that.

As we say here in the US.... You definately have a "big set of brass ones!"

Safe Diving...

Mark

Banned zirk is an unknown quantity at this point zirk's Avatar
    rEvo

What you do just blows my mind. Top notch. Can't wait for the vid.

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Megaldon

Well done again Starnas, Please keep it coming

RBW Member Mario will become famous soon enough Mario will become famous soon enough Mario will become famous soon enough Mario will become famous soon enough Mario's Avatar

Great! We'll waith for the dive's dettails!
    Ciao

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast