+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Waterstop Cable

RBW Member atedeschi is an unknown quantity at this point atedeschi's Avatar
    Kiss Classic & Sidekick CCR

revo Hybrid, Golem Flex

Waterstop Cable

I am looking for a source of waterstop cable. I know narced at 90 has it but there has to be a US source or from someone like Mcmaster Carr etc.

Thanks in Advanced

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

Re: Waterstop Cable

Hi,

I have been thru this.The only source I found was Leon at ISC. They have 4 core and 8 core waterstop cables. I also agree that there must be a source/manufacturer around. Let me know if you find it.

Very Respectfully

Roland Somodi

Just add ice & water plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma's Avatar
    O2 Apocalypse

DIY, Inspiration Classic

Check out FALMAT Wire and Cable - Underwater Fiber Optic Cable

I once bought from them. I don't know if they sell to private customers. I bought through a company.

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar

it very hard to get hold of, that the reason i put it in the website, i dont really want to sell it because its so exspencive and hard to get hold of, but because i struggled to get it as a home builder i put it on the website to help others out.
    kind regards john routley
    you know...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    Its about learning to dance in the rain..

Supporting Shearwater Research Products in Europe

Just add ice & water plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma's Avatar
    O2 Apocalypse

DIY, Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by narked at 90  View Original Post
    it very hard to get hold of, that the reason i put it in the website, i dont really want to sell it because its so exspencive and hard to get hold of, but because i struggled to get it as a home builder i put it on the website to help others out.
    What is the cross section area of the wires?
    Is the surface material PU?

Have you tested this wire with pressure? My friend tested one water block cable. He made an adapter so you could connect one end of the cable to a water tap. The cable did not hold 7bar water pressure.

Duvet Diver Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A is a glorious beacon of light Simon A's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plazma  View Original Post
    What is the cross section area of the wires?
    Is the surface material PU?

Have you tested this wire with pressure? My friend tested one water block cable. He made an adapter so you could connect one end of the cable to a water tap. The cable did not hold 7bar water pressure.
    Having played with the narked@90 cable I'm willing to bet you a case of beer it will hold in excess of 20 bar of helium (or water if you want) :)
    It's as tough as anything.

Simon A

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar

we have a new type of cable we have started using thats even thicker but i don't think you could call it water blocked because of it has a Kevlar core, but that said any cable sets we make not only use injected cable but the connector and glands are also resin filled.

but any of these cable will let water wick up the inner cores if you expose them, the water block surrounds the cores, it is not injected around the copper strands.
    they will stop your unit flooding if use correctly but thay does not mean you have not scrapped a cable if you left it open to water.

John Routley

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence875  View Original Post

have i personally tested the cable by plugging it on to a tap, no we buy a water blocked cable from a manufacture and we use this cable to connect into an ambient pressure system,, the cable is nice to have but not essential to what we do and how we do it.

as i have already said if you breach the inner cores water will wick along the conductors, this is the same for all cables i have ever come across.
    what you would not get even if we did not seal the connectors and glanding is have a catastrophic flood

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

there are numerous cable options used in the commercial diving sector for comms, lights, and so on...I'm sure one of these suppliers can help

Divers Supply
    Amron
    Marvel
    and so on

+ Reply to Thread