+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tired of the HYDRO? Bored of the LOWRANCE? Then try this on for size...

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

Tired of the HYDRO? Bored of the LOWRANCE? Then try this on for size...

For those looking for something different, I am looking to dive several new sites off Miami - many of which are rarely, if ever, dived. Quite a few of these were recently "rediscovered" during a remote sensing survey, and likely consist of vessels deployed as artificial reefs in the 1960s and 1970s. Depths are 180-300+.
    We would be diving off a 36-foot long dive boat out of Haulover Inlet and would need at least six divers to make a trip. Cost is $80.
    To start it off I am thinking of the well-known CRUZ DEL SUR (240 fsw) and not well-known USCGC LOTUS (220 fsw) for the first weekend (to get familiar with the operator), which will likely be November 19-20 if the weather cooperates. If not, then we just push back until we get good weather.
    Anyone interested?
    Cheers,
    Mike

RBW Member BlueZen is an unknown quantity at this point BlueZen's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro

Meg

Re: Tired of the HYDRO? Bored of the LOWRANCE? Then try this on for size...

Mike - not sure if you made the trip but if you have something similar planned in the next few months I'd be game.

Thx

RBW Member EAC is on a distinguished road EAC is on a distinguished road EAC's Avatar
    optima

Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by BlueZen  View Original Post
    Mike - not sure if you made the trip but if you have something similar planned in the next few months I'd be game.

Thx
    I am intersted too! PM sent

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

Right now the problem is not having enough divers, but having a six-pack boat available for technical (or any) dive charters in the Key Biscayne or Haulover Inlet areas. There are a few larger boats, but they are asking too much money or rather, would require too many divers to make it a viable option.

RBW Member Black Coral is an unknown quantity at this point Black Coral's Avatar
    inspiration

optima, meg, mark VI

I would be up for something like that January or February.

RBW Member EAC is on a distinguished road EAC is on a distinguished road EAC's Avatar
    optima

Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by barney  View Original Post
    Right now the problem is not having enough divers, but having a six-pack boat available for technical (or any) dive charters in the Key Biscayne or Haulover Inlet areas. There are a few larger boats, but they are asking too much money or rather, would require too many divers to make it a viable option.
    if i can help in any way to make this or others happen pls let me know

RBW Member BlueZen is an unknown quantity at this point BlueZen's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro

Meg

I understand. i can get one more to join so count me for 2.

What's the total cost?

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

sign me up as well

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

I could be talked into this very easily too.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

optima

Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    I could be talked into this very easily too.
    Would be willing to pay a bit more for the RIGHT dive to make it happen