+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Soon to be new CCR diver

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

Re: Soon to be new CCR diver

Quote Originally Posted by Tiptopperoo  View Original Post

Matt: How many hours do you like people to have under there belt prior to doing cave ccr training? And have you heard anything from the CDAA on crossing over from your course to theirs?

Dave
    Send me an email to info@tech-ccr.com buddy happy to chat through the options.

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Tiptopperoo  View Original Post
    I'm not so concerned about the just in case scenario. I can always borrow a twinset from someone.

Only other point of concern would be getting CDAA certified on the breather. Cos at this point they don't teach any CCR cave. Sounds like a great excuse for another trip back to Thailand though!

Rob: Do you only own one set of 5L tanks? Never had 3L's? Thanks for the weight data, you are certainly not carrying much more for the extra gas really are you!

I'm assuming the cheater is so you can access your onboard O2 in OC mode if needed?

Matt: How many hours do you like people to have under there belt prior to doing cave ccr training? And have you heard anything from the CDAA on crossing over from your course to theirs?

Dave
    Hey Dave,

CDAA presently does not recognize any other agencies cave certs and do not have a CCR Cave qualification.

Regards,

Lance
    Last edited by Lancer4545; 13th November 2011 at 09:09.

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer4545  View Original Post
    Hey Dave,

CDAA presently does not recognize any other agencies cave certs and do not have a CCR Cave qualification.

Regards,

Lance
    Thanks for that lance always good to know

RBW Member Tiptopperoo will become famous soon enough Tiptopperoo will become famous soon enough Tiptopperoo will become famous soon enough Tiptopperoo's Avatar
    jj-CCR

I thought there was some sort of crossover they did? Isn't it a bit silly to do an OC cave course when I plan to dive it on CCR?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

1 Grumpy ole skipper Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle's Avatar
    Classic KISS, Sentinel

SCR - CCR Dolphin

Dave,
    You need to ask your Cave questions directly to the CDAA about what you can & can't do..you might be surprised.

Been awhile since I was a member & rules could have changed but back then I dived with my breather equivalent to my OC CDDA certs, no problems.
    Do you have a CDDA cert?

1 Grumpy ole skipper Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle's Avatar
    Classic KISS, Sentinel

SCR - CCR Dolphin

Used to be that Overseas visitors who hold cave certs are granted a permit after a check out dive.. not to sure about those who use re breathers though. Again ask the CDAA to be sure, there has been a change of committee with a whole different / positive perspective regarding breathers

RBW Member Rangaman70 will become famous soon enough Rangaman70 will become famous soon enough Rangaman70 will become famous soon enough Rangaman70's Avatar
    rEvo Mini III eCCR

Hi Dave,

I suggest you talk to JDZ about CDAA and Rebreathers.

I think he is an advanced cave instructor as well as an active CCR diver.

Cheers
    Andrew

little man, big dreams tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude is a jewel in the rough tecdiverdude's Avatar
    JJ CCR..

Hey, I've Been in contact with JDZ, crossing over to CDAA is quite simple. To me it sounded like you leanr about the clubs rules, do a stress test and then a few dives with them to prove oyu're not a numpty and off you go. (I may have misunderstood exactly wht it is, but I plan to be doing mine in Jan)... yes according to the rules you have to do the crossover on OC( I think for the first day anyway), then you can dive on CCr.
    I believe they are working on a CCR cave course.
    I havent dived OC since i got my JJ with the exception of the odd DSD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2