+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Marketing Rebreathers Divers Magazine

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Re: Marketing Rebreathers Divers Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by scunick  View Original Post
    Before you do done real harm to yourself or someone that reads this drivel... Go and get some intensive training ( that at least teaches the value and practice of a dill flush) and put in place some real diving that will help you come to terms with the realities of the machine you have chosen to strap to your back and start building an experience database as supposed to your post count...
    Okay, So, you propose that I get some training on something that cannot be done on my unit, is that what you are saying?

I feel that I have the knowledge of my unit, I feel respect for my unit, but at the same time, I feel that I have been properly trained, by a instructor that has taught me more than the course is designed for. I wouldnt dive my unit if I didnt feel that I have proper training. Now I am off diving, to gain experience. But, for better of worse, I feel that you have no clue and have not fully understood the MkVI RB. But then of course, just bashing along, is easier than to read up about the unit in question.

Knowing too little, Assuming to much. Assumption is the mother of all F-ups.

Nick Cunningham-Moorat scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick's Avatar
    rEvo eXpedition

Inspiration Vision, Hammerhead

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppe_E  View Original Post
    Okay, So, you propose that I get some training on something that cannot be done on my unit, is that what you are saying?

I feel that I have the knowledge of my unit, I feel respect for my unit, but at the same time, I feel that I have been properly trained, by a instructor that has taught me more than the course is designed for. I wouldnt dive my unit if I didnt feel that I have proper training. Now I am off diving, to gain experience. But, for better of worse, I feel that you have no clue and have not fully understood the MkVI Rebreather. But then of course, just bashing along, is easier than to read up about the unit in question.

Knowing too little, Assuming to much. Assumption is the mother of all F-ups.

On you buddy I GIVE UP!!!!... Please go ahead and prove Darwin correct... When you get to St Peters gates please make sure he knows you died on a Recreational rebreather that you were fully trained on....

The fact that you continue to argue universal facts of rebreathers says all it needs to. RBW is about the exchange of information and you have no urge to exchange anything but your single minded single unit focussed marketing crap....

This will remain my last post on this subject.

Good luck and good riddence...
    Last edited by scunick; 9th April 2012 at 18:40.

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppe_E  View Original Post
    Well, one thing you could do is turn the BOV, then you flush the loop with diluent of course. And if you are to narked to bail out, then why is it safer to have a possibility to manually flush? If you are not aware that you need to bail, you are probably not aware that you need to flush the loop either.

No right or wrongs here, only different ways to handle a potential problem. I can understand that you, with all your experience, rather fly manually. But when diving with a MkVI, the right way to do it, is to bail-out. Again, you might not like it, but thats the way it is.
    I undersand the 'protocal' for the MKVI - its not about that - its about having options.

For a NDL 'recreational' (how i hate that BS term) dive bailing straight to OC isnt a bad thing and in most cases likely the safest option - but thats not the point that was being made. I made the comment that a Rebreather that doesnt readily allow dill flushing and manual running is less safe than one that does.

Simple logic: Most rbs allow you to bail to OC and flush and run manually if you wish - The MKVI only allows you to bail OC - ergo it has less safety options - ergo less safe.

Certainly for shallow NDL dives bailing to OC is likely in most cases the safest option .....but is it always????

Think about how easy it is to do a control ascend controlled stops whilst on OC bail with an expanding loop trying to vent that loop, perhaps while free drifting with no line or when being pulled up and down by swell. Try it stressed at night- maybe a little wasted...

I recall a pinnacle dive i did in the Philippines. Ony shallow (<40m depth) but there was hell of up and down currents. i tried to come up on oc bail but shallow a Rebreather loop expands so much and so fast that in these conditions its was almost impossible to control my depth. staying on the loop and running manually CAN be safer shallow even on a 'recreational' NDL dive if the sea conditions dont lend to an easy slow controlled ascent simply because shallow you have to be able and ready to rapidly vent and control the loop volume just right....not always an easy thing to do in some sea conditions (up and down swells for eg)

Experienced same issues once on java sea coming up a upline in very strong currents. i wasnt able easily to let go of the upline to flush the expanding volume out my Rebreather....

In all cases when you are running manually its easy (hands free) to vent volume out your mouth. no need to pull a release - no need to rely on a auto valve which can never keep loop bouyancy down to a safe enough level shallow to prevent a runaway ascent unassisted.

My point: a OC bail ascent is not ALWAYS as safe as a manual flush ascent even on a 'recreational' rebreather

ergo a Rebreather that doesnt have manual flush + running option is - less safe
    Last edited by Drmike; 10th April 2012 at 01:11.

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    I undersand the 'protocal' for the MKVI - its not about that - its about having options.

For a NDL 'recreational' (how i hate that BS term) dive bailing straight to OC isnt a bad thing and in most cases likely the safest option - but thats not the point that was being made. I made the comment that a Rebreather that doesnt readily allow dill flushing and manual running is less safe than one that does.

Simple logic: Most rbs allow you to bail to OC and flush and run manually if you wish - The MKVI only allows you to bail OC - ergo it has less safety options - ergo less safe.

Certainly for shallow NDL dives bailing to OC is likely in most cases the safest option .....but is it always????

Think about how easy it is to do a control ascend controlled stops whilst on OC bail with an expanding loop trying to vent that loop, perhaps while free drifting with no line or when being pulled up and down by swell. Try it stressed at night- maybe a little wasted...

I recall a pinnacle dive i did in the Philippines. Ony shallow (<40m depth) but there was hell of up and down currents. i tried to come up on oc bail but shallow a Rebreather loop expands so much and so fast that in these conditions its was almost impossible to control my depth. staying on the loop and running manually CAN be safer shallow even on a 'recreational' NDL dive if the sea conditions dont lend to an easy slow controlled ascent simply because shallow you have to be able and ready to rapidly vent and control the loop volume just right....not always an easy thing to do in some sea conditions (up and down swells for eg)

Experienced same issues once on java sea coming up a upline in very strong currents. i wasnt able easily to let go of the upline to flush the expanding volume out my Rebreather....

In all cases when you are running manually its easy (hands free) to vent volume out your mouth. no need to pull a release - no need to rely on a auto valve which can never keep loop bouyancy down to a safe enough level shallow to prevent a runaway ascent unassisted.

My point: a OC bail ascent is not ALWAYS as safe as a manual flush ascent even on a 'recreational' rebreather

ergo a Rebreather that doesnt have manual flush + running option is - less safe
    MKVI also known as the KIRS : keep it ridiculously simple.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

I have been following this thread since the beginning and keeping my keyboard quiet.

There seems to be a lot of argueing (ok, some may can it discussion) on the benefits vs. drawbacks of this RB. It all comes down to a few very simple facts:

1 - No RB is idiot proof and completely fault free. It doesn't matter if it is a so called recreational unit or not. I trained on a Dolphin and that is about as simple and recreational as they get, but it still wasn't idiot proof.

2 - The MkV1 is just another new idea that needs time to be proven. It has some radical new thinking involved (much like the Sentinel does) and only time will be able to determine the value of this. I will agree that some of this new technoligy and thinking may very well change how may of us think and dive RB's if it works out as the developers have planned.

3 - Calling any RB a recreational unit is nothing but an attempt to mainstream for profit. Not everybody should be on a RB and certainly not without plenty of OC experience prior to RB diving.

4 - Until RB are as safe and fault tolerant as OC, these discussions will continue. At this point in time, we all rely on OC as BO so that kinda tells the whole story right there.

5 - Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded. (I will go ahead and apoligize for this now, since some politically correct A-hole will be offended)

That's all folks, back to your regularly scheduled programming.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

[QUOTE=Dsix36;398642
    5 - Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded. (I will go ahead and apoligize for this now, since some politically correct A-hole will be offende [/QUOTE]

LOL! One of the best quotes I've read in a long time!
    Well said Don! You're the man!

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    5 - Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded. .
    no it isnt!

....no wait

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9