Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hollis Prism 2 New Announcement From DEMA

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Hollis Prism 2 New Announcement From DEMA

The New Hollis Prism (2) will be shipping in March 2012

The new Hollis Prism (2) will be available with a extended warranty program that covers annual 02 Cell replacement, O-Ring replacement and no cost up-grades.

Ready to dive unit estimated cost under $8,500

More pictures and information will be posted shortly.

Best regards,
    Last edited by Chett.L; 9th May 2013 at 18:45.
    Chett. L

Capt/ Instructor
    tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1's Avatar
    SF2 | rEvo

PRISM Topaz

Re: Hollis Prism 2 New Announcement From DEMA

Nice, any photos of the new OLED electronics?

Brian Mecklem Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7's Avatar
    PRISM 2, EXPLORER

PRISM TOPAZ

The analog secondary is gone and now wired directly into a Shearwater .

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

what design are the counterlungs? and interesting co2 monitoring?

saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas's Avatar
    Mk15.5, Prism, Prism2

Ray, Dolphin, Mk15

Quote Originally Posted by tecdivertraining  View Original Post
    what design are the counterlungs? and interesting co2 monitoring?
    The CL's are Over-The -Shoulder split counterlungs, 3.5L volume each. There will be no CO2 monitoring on this iteration of the electronics package.
    "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." Winston Churchill
    A is A

Intresting DSV. Wondering the theory on it. I'd of thought just Open circuit/closed circuit. With a shut off on the Second stage. If someone comes to save you having 3 options might cloud there thinking.

I'm sure I'm missing something though.

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON MK15.5

BMR500 IDA71 IDA64 RGUFM AKA60

Quote Originally Posted by mverick  View Original Post
    Intresting DSV. Wondering the theory on it. I'd of thought just Open circuit/closed circuit. With a shut off on the Second stage. If someone comes to save you having 3 options might cloud there thinking.

I'm sure I'm missing something though.
    Yup. Shut off lever is actually quite a clever design. Open/ bailout positions are freely selectable, but to engage the 3rd mode that both closes the DSV AND the BOV 2nd stage the spring loaded lever must first be pulled up/radially outward to clear a physical detent and then it can be pulled further back into the all-off position. The reverse of the process- engaging either CCR or bailout mode- only needs a simple forward push of the lever.

Presenter said they originally came up with need for 3 position device when they were constantly getting free flows at the surface w/ DSV closed.

Other points:

-They've gone from 25 mv cells to 13 mv cells in order to have much greater availability.

-They've clearly gone to a LOT of effort thinking through everything from materials to manufacturing methods.

-Plans are to crank out parts in very (in CCR terms) high quantity.

-Current electronics are a total redesign and they have a CAN bus system well along in development, for eventual introduction, to ease upgrades in the future.

-Power will come from 2 each 9 v transistor batteries (45 hr life) + one 3.7 v Saft AA (200 hrs life).

-Rig at show looked VERY well made.

Ken

Thanks,

You're always ahead of the curve.

Do you know if they got rid of the stalk that was coming off. I hated that. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Skipbreather  View Original Post
    Yup. Shut off lever is actually quite a clever design. Open/ bailout positions are freely selectable, but to engage the 3rd mode that both closes the DSV AND the BOV 2nd stage the spring loaded lever must first be pulled up/radially outward to clear a physical detent and then it can be pulled further back into the all-off position. The reverse of the process- engaging either CCR or bailout mode- only needs a simple forward push of the lever.

Presenter said they originally came up with need for 3 position device when they were constantly getting free flows at the surface w/ DSV closed.

Other points:

-They've gone from 25 mv cells to 13 mv cells in order to have much greater availability.

-They've clearly gone to a LOT of effort thinking through everything from materials to manufacturing methods.

-Plans are to crank out parts in very (in CCR terms) high quantity.

-Current electronics are a total redesign and they have a CAN bus system well along in development, for eventual introduction, to ease upgrades in the future.

-Power will come from 2 each 9 v transistor batteries (45 hr life) + one 3.7 v Saft AA (200 hrs life).

-Rig at show looked VERY well made.

Ken

Andy Pitkin apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin's Avatar
    Prism 1

various

Ken,

Thanks. Hope to see it myself tomorrow, but a couple of other questions:

1. Can the BOV lever be operated one-handed?
    2. Where is the HUD/primary display mounted?
    3. Has the scrubber design changed at all (it does look like the same design but different manufacturing methods)?

Andy

RBW Member BillGraham is on a distinguished road BillGraham is on a distinguished road BillGraham's Avatar

I will be very interested to see this at BTS, even though my Prism I is still going strong (knocking on desk while I write this).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast