+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 69 different forums - whats the point?

RBW Member mixgas is on a distinguished road mixgas is on a distinguished road mixgas's Avatar
    Tourill MK 1.5, Hammerhead Exr

Thumbs down 69 different forums - whats the point?

There is now 69 different forums on RBW, in addition to this there is a endless number of sub forums. To me this makes RBW hard to navigate, is this really necessary, I think not

To me 20 different forums will make a sufficient way of sorting the different threds. Am I lost or is someone haveing difficulties on evaluate the actual need.

Just my personal poit of view

Into Rubber Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W. is just really nice Joop W.'s Avatar
    Megalodon, HammerInspo

Dolphin

Re: 69 different forums - whats the point?

And which 20 forums would you propose?

Cheers, Joop

Quote Originally Posted by mixgas  View Original Post
    There is now 69 different forums on RBW, in addition to this there is a endless number of sub forums. To me this makes RBW hard to navigate, is this really necessary, I think not

To me 20 different forums will make a sufficient way of sorting the different threds. Am I lost or is someone haveing difficulties on evaluate the actual need.

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar

There is now 69 different forums on RBW
    Does anybody use anything other than 'new posts'?

Well actually I use this which was great when I started but is probably missing a few goodies now.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Actually you are incorrect, there is only 22 main directory forums.

Each directory forum contains a specific number of sub forms to help categorize the topic. ie Rebreather Models

Each subform may also have a few subforms to better categorize The topic. ie Kiss, REvo, Titan......

RBW is really a giant file desk. The reason for a directory, subforms, and inner subforms is for proper filing of threads according to topic.
    ie Kiss threads, Kiss read only

I know some of sections may appear confusing, but when I need to conduct house cleaning or moderation, searching through 200 treads under a specific subform is much easier than searching through 15,000 under a main directory.

I try to keep it as simple as possible with as few subforms as possible. But it all needs to be organized in a clean filing system.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

I think it's fine like this, you can also subscribe to what you like and then there are also the "new posts"

But I must say that I also very much like the nr 69

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    I think it's fine like this, you can also subscribe to what you like and then there are also the "new posts"
    OK if you're reading but a few times I've gone to post something and then thought f**k it as I couldn't be arsed trawling through everything to find the right place to post it.

I'm a member of a boating site, it has two forums: boats and engines. Kind of hard to argue with that subdivision.

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

You've been a member for 6 years and made 58posts and your most recent was to complain about the number of sud-forums? Its hardly something troubling is it?!

It seem to work fine as far as I can see, 99% of the time I just check "New posts" only if you need to start a thread do you need to pick the right forum and thats hardly difficult and keeps things together- All KISS stuff in the KISS folder for example.

RBW Member FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler is a glorious beacon of light FergusButler's Avatar
    Optima

You could try getting a computer that has a mouse

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by nigelh  View Original Post
    Does anybody use anything other than 'new posts'?
    Occasionally. I've noticed that certain forums like the Memorial threads don't come up in New Posts. I'm not sure what else I'm missing by only searching new posts, so periodically I poke through the main page and look at posting dates.

Anybody know exactly what is missing from New Posts?

RBW Member RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner has a spectacular aura about RogerioWagner's Avatar
    Megalodon APECS 2.7/Predator

CUDA 650

I think it's quite easy too figure out what is going on with new messages shortcut.

The only feature I miss on RBW is what is called "ego search", which list all forums you participated, tapatalk have this feature.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-23.548667,-46.558993