Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nightmare in the HMS Victoria

Re: Nightmare in the HMS Victoria

Mikel,
    Thanks for posting that - I'm sorry you had such a run around and such a hard time. HMS Victoria is one I have been thinking about for a while so I'll take your words on board and consider myself duly warned. Regards. Rod

RBW Member nisd is an unknown quantity at this point nisd's Avatar

Mr Francis lies about everything. In fact Mr. Francis does not have any permit to dive the HMS Victoria. No one has a permit since the wreck falls under the UNESCO agreement.
    Every time i have divers visiting the HMS Victoria, I usually get a specific permit from the Lebanese authority; so far, every dive was obstructed by Francis and he always tried to sabotage the dive. He succeeded once with me.
    The last event happened when I had a British team diving the HMS Victoria. Mr. Francis showed up on a small dingy and cut the safety line for the divers who were already underwater, jeopardizing the safety of all the divers that were in the water. This incident resulted in Mr. Francis spending the night in jail.
    We finally found out the reason of Mr. Francis' s attitude and his insistence of sabotaging every dive he hears about and does not go through him.
    1. He is trying to monopolize diving the HMS Victoria strictly though himself so he can steal the divers coming from abroad, asking for exorbitant prices. He is faultily claiming that he has discovered the wreck. This is totally a lie, since all fishermen in the North of the country always knew the exact whereabouts of the wreck (this is how we dived the wreck in the first place.)
    2. He wants everyone away from the wreck as he is diving regularly on the wreck and stealing any thing he gets his hand on to, so he tries and sell the findings for some dollars.

I have so far organized 11 expeditions to the HMS Victoria and I always had to make sure that Mr Francis does not try to sabotage each trip.

Bottom Line,
    1. The HMS Victoria is off limits to every one and we can only dive it after procuring a specific permit from the army for that specific trip.
    2. Mr. Francis will try to rip off any person he deals with, therefore I am asking every diver to be aware of Mr. Francis.

In the meantime we at NISD and other dive centers in Lebanon will never permit Mr. Francis to ruin our diving reputation. I have taken many divers to the HMS Victoria and I am sure some of them are already on this forum. We dealt with each diver, with ultimate professionalism and continue to do so.

We in Lebanon are presently working on legalizing the dives to the HMS Victoria though the proper legal channels and believe will succeed for the coming season.

When I met Chris Massaad in Lebanon, On behalf of all the Lebanese diving community, I apologized to him on his misfortune with this dishonest man.

Dive safe

Walid Noshie
    IANTD Training Director for Lebanon and the U.A.E

Wael AL-Jareh Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3 is a jewel in the rough Brainx3's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision with BOB

Ray, Evolution, Insp. Classic

Quote Originally Posted by nisd  View Original Post
    Mr Francis lies about everything. In fact Mr. Francis does not have any permit to dive the HMS Victoria. No one has a permit since the wreck falls under the UNESCO agreement.
    Every time i have divers visiting the HMS Victoria, I usually get a specific permit from the Lebanese authority; so far, every dive was obstructed by Francis and he always tried to sabotage the dive. He succeeded once with me.
    The last event happened when I had a British team diving the HMS Victoria. Mr. Francis showed up on a small dingy and cut the safety line for the divers who were already underwater, jeopardizing the safety of all the divers that were in the water. This incident resulted in Mr. Francis spending the night in jail.
    We finally found out the reason of Mr. Francis' s attitude and his insistence of sabotaging every dive he hears about and does not go through him.
    1. He is trying to monopolize diving the HMS Victoria strictly though himself so he can steal the divers coming from abroad, asking for exorbitant prices. He is faultily claiming that he has discovered the wreck. This is totally a lie, since all fishermen in the North of the country always knew the exact whereabouts of the wreck (this is how we dived the wreck in the first place.)
    2. He wants everyone away from the wreck as he is diving regularly on the wreck and stealing any thing he gets his hand on to, so he tries and sell the findings for some dollars.

I have so far organized 11 expeditions to the HMS Victoria and I always had to make sure that Mr Francis does not try to sabotage each trip.

Bottom Line,
    1. The HMS Victoria is off limits to every one and we can only dive it after procuring a specific permit from the army for that specific trip.
    2. Mr. Francis will try to rip off any person he deals with, therefore I am asking every diver to be aware of Mr. Francis.

In the meantime we at NISD and other dive centers in Lebanon will never permit Mr. Francis to ruin our diving reputation. I have taken many divers to the HMS Victoria and I am sure some of them are already on this forum. We dealt with each diver, with ultimate professionalism and continue to do so.

We in Lebanon are presently working on legalizing the dives to the HMS Victoria though the proper legal channels and believe will succeed for the coming season.

When I met Chris Massaad in Lebanon, On behalf of all the Lebanese diving community, I apologized to him on his misfortune with this dishonest man.

Dive safe

Walid Noshie
    IANTD Training Director for Lebanon and the U.A.E
    I'm glad that you finally spoke out! For all of you who don't know NISD, here's the web address where you'd find Walid's contact information. National Institute for Scuba Diving

RBW Member Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen's Avatar

Thank you for letting the RBW community know about the poor business practices of Christian Francis, Owner of Lebanon Divers

Thread closing but will remain for the world to see!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2