+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The victoria secret and the pussy divers

RBW Member Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko's Avatar
    HH Inspiration / Joki

Dolphin, Megalodon, RGU

The victoria secret and the pussy divers

THE VICTORIA SECRET AND THE PUSSY DIVERS

A dive on the wreck of the HMS Victoria

It all started 3 years ago; we were diving Scapa Flow and got a glimpse of Mark Ellyat’s book where he described finding the Victoria.

Two years ago while diving on Lanzarote with Chris Massaad at Marina Rubicon Diving centre we came out with the possibility of organizing a trip to dive the Victoria, Chris had already been trying to organize an expedition, many e mail, phone calls and a lot of work including a trip by Chris to Lebanon at the end of June ended with us diving the fabulous wreck on October the 14th

The team made up of Chis Massaad, Sabine Kerkau, John Gillespie, Dani and myself had it all set up and ready, Rebreathers, bail outs, cameras, lights etc.

At about 11.00 am we started the descend, first stop at 21 meters to stage 4 tanks with 50% second stop 45 meters for the 30/30 tanks, and down we went…

Seeing the wreck was quite impressive, the stern pointing upwards surrounded by a huge shoal of Jacks. As we reached the wreck we staged the last tank, a Trimix 18/40 and each team started to descend further

Dani & I went along the deck. -77 mts, -100mts, -120 mts, 137 mtrs at this depth there was almost total darkness and the fabulous Triton lights made by Javier Lopez with an output of 10000 Lumens lit almost the whole deck. A couple of minutes at this depth allowing our sight to adapt and we started filming the wreck from the bottom up.

We did our dive ascending, a slow ascend to 120 meters where we stopped to shoot some of the wreck’s interior, then to 100 meters where we stopped another couple of minutes before our ascend to the stern arriving there at minute 22.

The wreck is overwhelming, from the bottom you cannot even appreciate it in full, an anchor, a winch, portholes, stairs, the wreck is simply full of so many interesting things that by themselves would require a dive.

The other team, Chris, Sabine and Jon were filming the area of the wreck between 120 and 77 meters.
    Chris and Jon did penetrate the wreck where they found a wealth of China still intact!
    Sabine was taking pictures and filming the huge canons both on the deck and on the sides.

The feeling you get from this wreck is overwhelming, to have in front of you o above your hear a monster of Steel, more tan 60 meters high that you often hear squeaking makes you feel as small as a fish in an aquarium.

At last we can say the secret of the Victoria has been revealed to us.

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Re: The victoria secret and the pussy divers

Hope you will post the video and some pictures.

Sorry about all the difficulties with the local contact.

John

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Wow, sounds like a very cool dive, send me a mail for the next trip,..

RBW Member Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko's Avatar
    HH Inspiration / Joki

Dolphin, Megalodon, RGU

Quote Originally Posted by Fun Under Pressure  View Original Post
    Wow, sounds like a very cool dive, send me a mail for the next trip,..

I Markku

i will recomend you o read this thread.

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=40457

Cheers.

Mikel

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel-Deko  View Original Post
    I Markku

i will recomend you o read this thread.

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=40457

Cheers.

Mikel
    Yep i read after i read this thread, oh my godness, thats very sad, and there no other possibilities for the victoria, ????

RBW Member Teppo is an unknown quantity at this point Teppo's Avatar
    Tres Presidentes

Quote Originally Posted by Fun Under Pressure  View Original Post
    Yep i read after i read this thread, oh my godness, thats very sad, and there no other possibilities for the victoria, ????
    To my understanding is that currently to get permission from correct goverment department is difficult, there has been trips in the past with some kind of permits

Also got some info that locals dynamite fish around the wreck and its broken slowly

Teppo

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Fantastic video, just watched it on Vimeo.

What an awesome wreck. It was almost comical to see the little boat you guys ended up on, what a joker that local idiot is, I hope he doesnt get any more CCR business.

Anyway, even if you only got 1 dive on her, its 1 more than I'll probably ever get.

Sorry to hear about your expedition rip-off, but a good result on the dive!

RBW Member Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

KISS Classic

Have you got a link to the Vimeo clip?

Cheers

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

Last edited by Curt Bowen; 2nd November 2011 at 01:35. Reason: added video

RBW Member Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

KISS Classic

Just seen the video, excellent thanks. Sorry you just had to go through so much sh1t to get there.

Cheers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast