+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: .... what just happened?

  1. #11
    RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,244
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

    Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

    Re: .... what just happened?

    Quote Originally Posted by izze  View Original Post
    I am a doctor, I also happily live in a country that allows me to ignore lawyers in regards to health care so I'll offer some advice.

    First of all you need to be properly evaluated for cardiac arythmias and epileptic seizures for that matter. I would definitely avoid diving until you're cleared. Also I would not call a bp of 140/90 hypertension and it is definitely not the cause of you losing consciousness.
    I am a doc, too and agree with Izze (although I live in a country hounded by lawyers!!!)

    More likely a dysrhythmia or a seizure as he already said. Got to chase the horses before looking at zebras (Multiple Sclerosis).

    In any event, wishing you well! Hope the problem can be diagnosed and treated without affecting your diving!!

  2. #12
    RBW Member s. McWilliam is on a distinguished road s. McWilliam is on a distinguished road s. McWilliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    427

    Re: .... what just happened?

    You will love this . . .

    I got doctored all right, it was a non steroid anti-inflamitory, that I no longer take.

  3. #13
    It's All Good! RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith is just really nice RSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    558
    Inspo Evolution

    Stay tuned!

    Re: .... what just happened?

    Quote Originally Posted by s. McWilliam  View Original Post
    You will love this . . .

    I got doctored all right, it was a non steroid anti-inflamitory, that I no longer take.
    Thats good news right?

  4. #14
    RBW Member Pierre Lotz has a spectacular aura about Pierre Lotz has a spectacular aura about Pierre Lotz has a spectacular aura about Pierre Lotz has a spectacular aura about Pierre Lotz has a spectacular aura about Pierre Lotz has a spectacular aura about Pierre Lotz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Potchefstroom, South Africa
    Posts
    155
    Hammerhead Inspo

    Classic Inspo

    Re: .... what just happened?

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    I am a doc, too and agree with Izze (although I live in a country hounded by lawyers!!!)

    More likely a dysrhythmia or a seizure as he already said. Got to chase the horses before looking at zebras (Multiple Sclerosis).

    In any event, wishing you well! Hope the problem can be diagnosed and treated without affecting your diving!!
    I'm also a doctor and agree with the other two doctors' opinions. Non steroidals increase your BP by themselve. The BP readings that you've given us is not very high, if you are use to working in a hospital setting. I would go for the epilepsy, MS, cardiac arrythmia possibilities.

  5. #15
    RBW Member s. McWilliam is on a distinguished road s. McWilliam is on a distinguished road s. McWilliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    427

    Re: .... what just happened?

    Well, thank you for your concern. It took a while to unravel things. I has knee surgery some years ago and was prescribed medication in the family of drugs I mentioned. My physician retied. For a time I would go to a walk in clinic and as it was not a narcotic the prescription was refilled no problem. I again found another GP and things continued on. Long term use exacerbates side effects, including, seizure, stroke, heart attack and death. I had a drug reaction. Yes we have universal health care, no I am not filing an action against my doctor. It was uncomfortable, disturbing and scarred my family and friends. It happened, it is over.

  6. #16
    Bob Downey seakrakken is on a distinguished road seakrakken is on a distinguished road seakrakken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    185

    Re: .... what just happened?

    Wow!, I'm glad to here you got it all sorted out and it was something easy.
    Dive On!

  7. #17
    RBW Member s. McWilliam is on a distinguished road s. McWilliam is on a distinguished road s. McWilliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    427

    Re: .... what just happened?

    Thanks
    I am happy to be here.

  8. #18
    RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,244
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

    Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

    Re: .... what just happened?

    Quote Originally Posted by s. McWilliam  View Original Post
    Well, thank you for your concern. It took a while to unravel things. I has knee surgery some years ago and was prescribed medication in the family of drugs I mentioned. My physician retied. For a time I would go to a walk in clinic and as it was not a narcotic the prescription was refilled no problem. I again found another GP and things continued on. Long term use exacerbates side effects, including, seizure, stroke, heart attack and death. I had a drug reaction. Yes we have universal health care, no I am not filing an action against my doctor. It was uncomfortable, disturbing and scarred my family and friends. It happened, it is over.
    I still don't quite follow this. How were you able to link it to the NSAID? Glad you think it is over. Happy and healthy diving!!!

  9. #19
    RBW Member s. McWilliam is on a distinguished road s. McWilliam is on a distinguished road s. McWilliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    427

    Re: .... what just happened?

    Actually, the diagnosis was made by my wife Elizabeth. Stopped taking it problem went away.

    Our GP and the Cardiologist concur. It is frustrating and humbling to wait on a neurologist so you can make a diving medical that you might ask of any student of diving.

    The wretched indignation of being outed, as a practising heterosexual on a rebreather forum is one thing. After just swapped out the lenses on the wife’s mask, only to find it is snowing so hard I can not take the kids to the pool is unsufferable.

    It is Canada, it is not perfect
    Scott

  10. #20
    RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,244
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

    Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

    Re: .... what just happened?

    Quote Originally Posted by s. McWilliam  View Original Post
    Actually, the diagnosis was made by my wife Elizabeth. Stopped taking it problem went away.

    Our GP and the Cardiologist concur. It is frustrating and humbling to wait on a neurologist so you can make a diving medical that you might ask of any student of diving.

    The wretched indignation of being outed, as a practising heterosexual on a rebreather forum is one thing. After just swapped out the lenses on the wife’s mask, only to find it is snowing so hard I can not take the kids to the pool is unsufferable.

    It is Canada, it is not perfect
    Scott
    Glad you are back Scott without any of those weird symptoms!!!! Wishing you an awesome and healthy dive year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts