+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 12/Nov/11. Tarifa (South Spain) RB's event

RBW Member andrespp is on a distinguished road andrespp is on a distinguished road andrespp's Avatar

12/Nov/11. Tarifa (South Spain) RB's event

Hello,

next 12/Nov, we will be having:

1. A RB & OC shared dive in Tarifa (Cadiz, South Spain), with Scorpora Diving Club, at 12.30. The spot is Punta Marroqui, one of the best places in Spain: sealife, magnificent reef views, wrecks, roman anchors etc etc.

Depth: up to 45 mts, but can be done at several levels if you do not want to be that deep.

Visibility: from 8 to 40 mts, usually 15 to 25 mts.

Temp: expect for 14-15 centigrades.

Currents: strong in the area, but time is calculated so the dive should be done with none or little current.

Cost: 25 euro if you do not need tank, 30 otherwise.

Duration: 60 minute is standard, we are trying to convince the Club master to make it 80...

2. at 15.00 a lunch in a nice restaurant (very good seafood & rice).

3. at 17.00 to 18.30 free conference about Rebreathers with Jordi Mateo, a well known Spanish instructor in many of the RB's that are available in market.

There is a parking lot close to the club, and club, restaurant and conference room are really close.

The intend of the event is to gather RB divers from the area and also to explain to those interested in RBs the basics on CC diving. Megalodon, Inspiration, Evolutions, Kiss, etc etc will be there.

Each event is independent, you may choose doing all, or just the the dive, or just the conference, etc.

Conference shall be given in Spanish by Jordi, I can provide translation services in English if necessary.

Interested? contact me at escafandra64@gmail.com

Best,
    Andres

RBW Member andrespp is on a distinguished road andrespp is on a distinguished road andrespp's Avatar

Re: 12/Nov/11. Tarifa (South Spain) RB's event

Up.....

RBW Member thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster's Avatar
    APD Evolution Vision

Howdy, bit late to the party - sorry!

But I'm based in Gibraltar / Casares and will be in the procession of a Evo soon, just wondering what you guys do down in Tarifa and what is the availability of o2 and He?

PM me if easier.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by thetrickster  View Original Post
    Howdy, bit late to the party - sorry!

But I'm based in Gibraltar / Casares and will be in the procession of a Evo soon, just wondering what you guys do down in Tarifa and what is the availability of o2 and He?

PM me if easier.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Usually we do recreational dives with CCR (Kiss, Inspiration) around Tarifa island, max depth 40 mts, avg of 18 mts, dives about 3 hours long.

As for oxygen/He, there is no availability there. I fill my Ox tanks in a welding shop of a friend.

+ Reply to Thread