+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Rebreather Travel: Tank + Sorb +02 Timeshare Club?

  1. #31
    RBW Member Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ipswich QLD
    Posts
    447
    GAF mccr,rEvoII

    Dolphin,Pelagian

    Re: Rebreather Travel: Tank + Sorb +02 Timeshare Club?

    [quote=bunakentec;380020]Hi, yep Bunaken is very good for rebreathers, and there is a new PADI Tec Resort on Bunaken at Two fish Divers called BunakenTec. We have been doing some amazing TEC diving there over the last 6months, have own megs, full-time tec instructor, lots of SORB & O2, and even a booster pump for the helium!
    I spent eight days diving with Two Fish . I was their first paying rebreather customer ,they were still sorting a few things out with quality and quantity of the oxygen from supplier,booster pump was not in service at that time as it arrived minus a fitting ,all in all good service and as Davydive said the diving is fantastic,both muck and wall.
    Last edited by Linda Bowen; 27th October 2011 at 05:27.

  2. #32
    RBW Member
    jorgeantoniomw has a little shameless behaviour in the past jorgeantoniomw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Galapagos Islands
    Posts
    63
    Evolution +

    Re: Rebreather Travel: Tank + Sorb +02 Timeshare Club?

    you are welcome in the Galapagos Islands anytime
    Jorge A. MAHAUAD

    -------------------------------------------
    Advanced Diving in the Galapagos Islands
    Recreational & Technical Diver Training
    Galapagos Rebreather Trips and Expeditions
    Underwater Exploration and Diver Support
    -------------------------------------------

    www.galapagosrebreathers.com
    www.advancedgalapagosdiving.com

  3. #33
    RBW Member bunakentec is an unknown quantity at this point bunakentec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    3
    MEG

    MEG

    Smile Re: Rebreather Travel: Tank + Sorb +02 Timeshare Club?

    Thanks Chris! The part for the booster pump finally arrived from UK and Brendon has been pumping his O2 diluents to 200bar! We've also sorted the O2 quality, we just had another rebreather diver here for a week (with a Titan) and he never had less than 95%. Thanks for being our first rebreather guest, hope to see you back again but you have to give me a better price for your camera!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kennedy  View Original Post
    I spent eight days diving with Two Fish . I was their first paying rebreather customer ,they were still sorting a few things out with quality and quantity of the oxygen from supplier,booster pump was not in service at that time as it arrived minus a fitting ,all in all good service and as Davydive said the diving is fantastic,both muck and wall.

  4. #34
    breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    722
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

    Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

    Re: Rebreather Travel: Tank + Sorb +02 Timeshare Club?

    Quote Originally Posted by bunakentec  View Original Post
    Hi, yep Bunaken is very good for rebreathers, and there is a new PADI Tec Resort on Bunaken at Two fish Divers called BunakenTec. We have been doing some amazing TEC diving there over the last 6months, have own megs, full-time tec instructor, lots of SORB & O2, and even a booster pump for the helium! Check out - BunakenTec.com
    We took a walk to Two Fish from SeaBreeze to see Chris and was pretty impressed with the nice Resort. Will consider you guys the next time.
    Btw, that's me in the pic.

    Cheers,
    Davy
    Attached Images

  5. #35
    RBW Member safagamarc is on a distinguished road safagamarc is on a distinguished road safagamarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    215
    rEvo III, Sentinel, Evo, Inspi

    Re: Rebreather Travel: Tank + Sorb +02 Timeshare Club?

    Bunaken is defineately a fantastic destination and the walls are just stunning. I really regret not being there anymore but as a few people who have already responded to this thread are aware there was not really much else choice.

    Consumables for rebreather divers are becoming more and more readily available so is the access to tanks and boosters in even the most remote locations.

    Two ish are a well respected and professional operator in the Bunaken and Lembeh area, who are just venturing into CCR's. I would not hesitate diving with them, although you may want to check ahead as currently to my knowledge they only stock the ofnolime CD grade absorbent, which is a personal choice thing.

    On these boards various threads have popped up about such facilities over the years and I'm glad to see that the industry is becoming more aware of it.

    Currently time share wise I believe it is only the Orca Dive Clubs doing something like this as Paul posted on this particular thread.

    @Chris, mate I'll be intouch and I hope you weren't to disappointed with the quality of fills off me?

    @Davy, lets chat about a new trip on Saturday with the rest of the crew, I have some interesting news.

    What ever happens CCR's are here to stay so lets all enjoy.

    ATB,
    Marc

  6. #36
    Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    833
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

    rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

    Re: Rebreather Travel: Tank + Sorb +02 Timeshare Club?

    Yes.. after visiting Chris at Two Fish, I totally agree that it's better prepared for the RB divers, thus wouldn't hesitate to recommend to the rest of the RB divers to use them.

    @ Marc.. looking forward to the great news after all.

    Jacqueline


    Quote Originally Posted by safagamarc  View Original Post
    Bunaken is defineately a fantastic destination and the walls are just stunning. I really regret not being there anymore but as a few people who have already responded to this thread are aware there was not really much else choice.

    Consumables for rebreather divers are becoming more and more readily available so is the access to tanks and boosters in even the most remote locations.

    Two ish are a well respected and professional operator in the Bunaken and Lembeh area, who are just venturing into CCR's. I would not hesitate diving with them, although you may want to check ahead as currently to my knowledge they only stock the ofnolime CD grade absorbent, which is a personal choice thing.

    On these boards various threads have popped up about such facilities over the years and I'm glad to see that the industry is becoming more aware of it.

    Currently time share wise I believe it is only the Orca Dive Clubs doing something like this as Paul posted on this particular thread.

    @Chris, mate I'll be intouch and I hope you weren't to disappointed with the quality of fills off me?

    @Davy, lets chat about a new trip on Saturday with the rest of the crew, I have some interesting news.

    What ever happens CCR's are here to stay so lets all enjoy.

    ATB,
    Marc

  7. #37
    RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,942
    HammerMeg

    Kiss Classic, Inspiration

    Re: Rebreather Travel: Tank + Sorb +02 Timeshare Club?

    I keep a pair of Din Luxfer AL19's, a pair of Din Catalina AL80's and Sofnolime in Thailand that could be made available for pickup, use and drop off to any traveling divers.

    Unless I happen to be in Thailand using them.

    John

  8. #38
    RBW Member bunakentec is an unknown quantity at this point bunakentec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    indonesia
    Posts
    3
    MEG

    MEG

    Re: Rebreather Travel: Tank + Sorb +02 Timeshare Club?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline  View Original Post
    Yes.. after visiting Chris at Two Fish, I totally agree that it's better prepared for the Rebreather divers, thus wouldn't hesitate to recommend to the rest of the RB divers to use them.

    @ Marc.. looking forward to the great news after all.

    Jacqueline
    Thanks Jacqueline/Marc/Davy, its been damn hard work setting it all up but it has been worth it, hope to see you in Bunaken for a cold beer!

  9. #39
    RBW Member Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ipswich QLD
    Posts
    447
    GAF mccr,rEvoII

    Dolphin,Pelagian

    Re: Rebreather Travel: Tank + Sorb +02 Timeshare Club?

    Quote Originally Posted by bunakentec  View Original Post
    Thanks Chris! The part for the booster pump finally arrived from UK and Brendon has been pumping his O2 diluents to 200bar! We've also sorted the O2 quality, we just had another rebreather diver here for a week (with a Titan) and he never had less than 95%. Thanks for being our first rebreather guest, hope to see you back again but you have to give me a better price for your camera!
    Thanks Nigel
    Hope to be back next year with my daughter , no you are not getting better price on camera

  10. #40
    Banned jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New York, NY USA
    Posts
    879
    Revo3 RMS, Revo3 Micro FT, MEG

    HH, YBOD, Drager, MK, etc.

    Re: Rebreather Travel: Tank + Sorb +02 Timeshare Club?

    Quote Originally Posted by S. Marc  View Original Post
    As relatively new rebreather divers, my wife and I have found it frustrating when trying to plan rebreather trips in terms of determining rebreather support, logistics, etc...

    Our local diving sucks, and most of our diving is done while on vacation.

    After doing research for our last two trips we gave up on bringing our rebreathers and went o/c as we were not able to source what we needed at those locations. Our rigs are gathering dust.

    Choosing dive holidays based on rebreather support as opposed to destination is not our preference.

    Has anyone given any thought to setting up a club that places tanks and sorb and 02 at different locations with a type of timeshare option for use?

    This would obviously require a shop or local diver to store and maintain the stuff at each location, but I think it is something that could probably be worked out if there was enough interest.

    Granted there are a ton of dive destinations, but this could be built up and expanded gradually based on participation / membership over time.

    There could be a one time fee for membership and then annual fees based on usage etc...

    There could be different memberships for different geographical locations / continents or full memberships for word-wide destinations.

    I am not organized enough to set something like this up, but would certainly be interested in contributing to it if it is financially viable and the locations were of interest.

    Any thoughts?
    The best thing to do is to ship your RB's and all needed equipment ahead of time to your destination, it does cost but it saves a lot of BS, getting on a plane with just a messenger bag and knowing that everything you need is waiting for you at your destination is priceless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts