+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rebreather Travel: Tank + Sorb +02 Timeshare Club?

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

Re: Rebreather Travel: Tank + Sorb +02 Timeshare Club?

There has been some deeper exploration recently of some of the wall areas in Tulamben and apparently there is some very spectacular areas there. There is also a wreck up the coast in about 50 metres.

I quite like diving in Tulamben as you aren't tied into boat schedules etc - most dives are walk in straight off the beach.
    Last edited by RedSeaDiver; 19th October 2011 at 22:53.

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RedSeaDiver  View Original Post
    There has been some deeper exploration recently of some of the wall areas in Tulamben and apparently there is some very spectacular areas there. There is also a wreck up the coast in about 50 metres.

I quite like diving in Tulamben as you aren't tied into boat schedules etc - most dives are walk in straight off the beach.
    That will be interesting. I was at Tulamben Wreck Divers Resort last year just across the road of the Liberty Wreck and really like the place.
    A scenic volcano behind the resort and a world class wreck just across the road...just walk a couple hundreds meters and you are there.
    They even carry all your dive gears right to the beach with these hardly ladies from the villages.
    Attached Images

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar

When I contacted Tulamben Wreck Divers about getting rebreather support I received an emphatic NO.

This is a link to Oceanview Resort - Ocean View Tulamben - Home

Plays with High Voltage trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00's Avatar
    KISS classic

Was enjoying reading this thread. I saw the mention on Curacao. Thats just a short hop from Bonaire. I know at Rec Tek Scuba you can get scrubber material, rental tanks, etc. I was hoping to meet Walt while I was there and say Hi, but our schedule didn't allow it. I know next time I go to Bonaire I plan to take my KISS.

Cheers, Walt

RBW Member Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by trident00  View Original Post
    Was enjoying reading this thread. I saw the mention on Curacao. Thats just a short hop from Bonaire. I know at Rec Tek Scuba you can get scrubber material, rental tanks, etc. I was hoping to meet Walt while I was there and say Hi, but our schedule didn't allow it. I know next time I go to Bonaire I plan to take my KISS.

Cheers, Walt
    Yeah, Walt in Bonaire provides rebreather support. He runs a small technical dive shop over there and is a TDI and Inspo instructor. The shop is located at Don's Habitat.

Rec Tek Scuba Bonaire - We do it silent. We do it deep. Techincal diving.
    Last edited by Jantje; 20th October 2011 at 11:09.

There is always a "maybe" CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT RMS

Inspiration

When I contacted Tulamben Wreck Divers about getting rebreather support I received an emphatic NO.

This is a link to Oceanview Resort - Ocean View Tulamben - Home
    Oceanview Resort looks nice though I would be in

Mate it's bloody superb - and being able to gear up at the dive shop, walk past the pool and straight into the water and on to the wreck is really nice!

There is always a "maybe" CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT RMS

Inspiration

Mate it's bloody superb - and being able to gear up at the dive shop, walk past the pool and straight into the water and on to the wreck is really nice!
    Just got to find a date for the rebreather week there...

What is the best time for Bali anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by CFU  View Original Post
    Just got to find a date for the rebreather week there...

What is the best time for Bali anyway?
    It varies from location to location (and also what you want to see).

For Tulamben (from memory) -
    wet season is roughly late November to end March
    You don't want to be there a few days either side of the full moon in June (rough as)
    October is pretty windy
    The macro critters disappear in late May and reappear in August

July through September is generally pretty good.

RBW Member bunakentec is an unknown quantity at this point bunakentec's Avatar
    MEG

MEG

Smile Re: Rebreather Travel: Tank + Sorb +02 Timeshare Club?

Hi, yep Bunaken is very good for rebreathers, and there is a new PADI Tec Resort on Bunaken at Two fish Divers called BunakenTec. We have been doing some amazing TEC diving there over the last 6months, have own megs, full-time tec instructor, lots of SORB & O2, and even a booster pump for the helium.

Quote Originally Posted by Davydive  View Original Post
    For deep walls Bunaken is one of the best if not the best but our good friend Marc have just left the place...in fact I am meeting him here tomorrow.
    Last edited by Linda Bowen; 27th October 2011 at 05:27. Reason: Commercial link

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast