+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rebreather Travel: Tank + Sorb +02 Timeshare Club?

There is always a "maybe" CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT RMS

Inspiration

Re: Rebreather Travel: Tank + Sorb +02 Timeshare Club?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSeaDiver  View Original Post
    No - Inline 300 bar valves so should fit no problems. My sorb is the prepacked cartridges for the Discovery - 6 cartridges there so about 18kg.

Your best bet for travel would probably be Air Asia - buy 30kg baggage allowance when you book online, then you pay for a 20kg sporting goods allowance at the airport when you check in. Air Asia has four flights a day from Singapore to Bali.

There are some deeper dives on the north coast that make a rebreather worthwhile, and I believe that helium will be available up there shortly.

Thx for the info sounds nice! I also wanted to go down to Bali next year! From Shanghai Air Asia would be best option as well, so the baggage information was very valuable!

Greetz

Chris

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

Hi Chris..

Will be nice if we can meet up at Bali too. So have you found your right choice? (as in your status.. You are looking for the right one. )

BR
    Jacqueline

]
    Quote Originally Posted by CFU  View Original Post
    Thx for the info sounds nice! I also wanted to go down to Bali next year! From Shanghai Air Asia would be best option as well, so the baggage information was very valuable!

Greetz

Chris

There is always a "maybe" CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU has a spectacular aura about CFU's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT RMS

Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline  View Original Post
    Hi Chris..

Will be nice if we can meet up at Bali too. So have you found your right choice? (as in your status.. You are looking for the right one. )

BR
    Jacqueline

]
    Hi,

all depends on the time you guys are planning on going there sure would be great fun!

After having some ups and downs here in China with our work contracts I got back into my rebreather project and ended up with the rEvo as actually decided before I planned a cross over and pick up with Sven in Belgium next March.

Greetz

Chris

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

We might be able to organise a CCR get together in Bali.

rEvo Micro FT RMS

Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by RedSeaDiver  View Original Post
    We might be able to organise a CCR get together in Bali.
    A Bali rebreather week would be nice since logistics for more people than only yourself is always easier anyway...

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

A Bali rebreather week would be nice since logistics for more people than only yourself is always easier anyway...
    That's a pretty good idea.
    Just need to find a convenient dive resort willing to participate and do the support for rebreathers though I think a place with more wreck diving would be better.

rEvo Micro FT RMS

Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Davydive  View Original Post
    Just need to find a convenient dive resort willing to participate and do the support for rebreathers though I think a place with more wreck diving would be better.
    Or nice deep walls

rEvo Micro FT RMS

Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Davydive  View Original Post
    About the dive centers, I checked last year already, there are some which support technical diving and even some which advertise rebreather courses so should be manageable at Bali...

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

Or nice deep walls
    For deep walls Bunaken is one of the best if not the best but our good friend Marc have just left the place...in fact I am meeting him here tomorrow.

RBW Member Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje's Avatar
    rEvo III hCCR

Or nice deep walls
    You're always welcome here at Curacao. We have huge dropoffs here to 200m+.
    This island has always been fought about for that reason. There are no natural resources here, but every ship can dock very near to the rocks or the beach. That was and is a huge strategic advantage. Cruise ships for example just dock 50 meters from shore. No need to dredge anything.

I'm setting something up for rebreather support over here. There is no technical diving here at all ATM. I don't work in the diving industry, so it's all hobby, but I have sofnalime, O2, HE and a booster at home to keep it going.

I support it now for friends and some occasions.
    Last edited by Jantje; 19th October 2011 at 19:06.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast