+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Meg vs revo

RBW Member megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1 is a jewel in the rough megangel1's Avatar
    Meg

Re: Meg vs revo

Quote Originally Posted by alpine44  View Original Post
    OK, I bite.

In order to fairly evaluate the units the OP should have OC buoyancy and trim skills at least to Intro to Tech or Fundies level and should have used stages or deco bottles. Otherwise, judging trim, breathing characteristics, and ergonomics of the different units could be misleading.

If you want to pick the right fiddle you should know how to get at least a couple decent tunes out of one.
    I don't disagree, but I'm not sure what you're 'biting' on, you might have missed the intended humour, so I'll explain!

When choosing the 'BEST CCR', the ONLY thing we'll all agree on is that any purely 'Open Cicuit' system is the worst choice.

eg

Revo versus OC
    Meg versus OC
    Vision versus OC
    KISS versus OC

etc

(Not saying that we don't need an OC skills/experience/experience with stages etc.)

but also

I'm saying that everyone will have their own opinions as to which CCR is best. Some people will say that for certain situations, one CCR is better than another whilst some will say that one particular CCR is best no matter what.

It's a bit of a dig at us all, myself included as we are all passionate about certain CCR systems, either because we love them or we hate them, often with little to back up our claims.

Another bit of humour:-

Buying a CCR is like getting married, after a while you'll find things that you don't like that much about your choosen one, but will either keep mostly quiet about it or try to fix it ... at least until you go your separate ways ..... when it ends up as having been the worst choice of your life.

Like the way I kept that gender neutral?

RBW Member Garethingham is an unknown quantity at this point Garethingham's Avatar

If you go in expecting every unit to fail then you cannot really go wrong, means you have thought about getting home without the unit. Surely after that everything is academic. Unless you are diving redundant units you are carrying bailout, why try and manage very serious failures on a unit when you have OC gas to get you home.

Geek, what sort of dives are you doing to need such a bulletproof design? I understand it in a military context as for them it is often a 1 shot deal. They dont carry bailout so if the unit decides it does not want to play anymore then they die. Oh yeah, plus they are often diffusing mines.

Remember, this is recreational diving, implicit in the name is "recreation".

Weeee little tadpol Geek will become famous soon enough Geek will become famous soon enough Geek will become famous soon enough Geek's Avatar
    Apecs Megalodon

There's other units?

Quote Originally Posted by Garethingham  View Original Post

Geek, what sort of dives are you doing to need such a bulletproof design? I understand it in a military context as for them it is often a 1 shot deal. They dont carry bailout so if the unit decides it does not want to play anymore then they die. Oh yeah, plus they are often diffusing mines.

Remember, this is recreational diving, implicit in the name is "recreation".
    It's this, just like you said, for me I want a unit that is designed and proven to "play" every time, under all conditions. Granted if a user doesn't do there check list or rushes it then every unit will fail. My objective is to dive a unit that gives me the best chances of getting back to the parking lot, whether I want to dive the Governor or a little rec shore dive there really shouldn't be a reason to dive a unit that is "More" suited to the deep technical stuff than the shallow rec stuff should there?

Bulletproof is bulletproof and I see no reason to dive something other. For every dive. Now, if what mattered to me more was other things, like low profile, compact, quick scrubber changes, very nice mounting system for tanks and access.. then I would have gotten a rEvo and like I said, they are very nice units, I like them a lot.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

I looks like the discussion is always between those who own a specific RB and those who own another one. Unfortunatly not many people dive both units (except for a try-dive ) so they can't really talk about it .
    Saying that a meg is bulletproof? I don't now, didn't dive one yet (just started on the revo) but after talking a lot with different people on different unit's I only think there's no such thing like "bulletproof" with rebreathers.

Whatever you decide: good luck and lots of fun with diving your new rEvo.....euh ...sorry.... I guess it must be :

good luck and lots of fun with diving your new rebreather.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8