+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Meg vs revo

RBW Member Ddeck is an unknown quantity at this point Ddeck's Avatar

Meg vs revo

I have been trying to sort thru the different threads to get a better understanding of the different brands of RB's. What are best and worst of the Meg and the rEvo? Saw the JJ vs rEvo thread which helped some. Thank you all!

Also, where would be best possibility I test dive them in Florida?

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

Re: Meg vs revo

Hello,

Welcome to RBW. I'm sure you'll be able to find out more. Here are some pointers:

You must decide whether you want
    - BMCL or FMCL;
    - 1 tower canister for the scrubber or dual scrubber cannister;
    - Gas addition via a triple block, which allows you to connect off-board as well;
    - flood recovery.... Bail-out!!
    - flexibility to add up to more than 7 cells, if you want?

Best to try dive both...if possible including assembly n disassembly, then, you'll see the difference.

Jacqueline

Banned zirk is an unknown quantity at this point zirk's Avatar
    rEvo

Talk to Peter Sotis from Add Helium.. He has an on line store. He sold me my Revo and stocks a number of different brands. Hope this helps.

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Quote Originally Posted by zirk  View Original Post
    Talk to Peter Sotis from Add Helium.. He has an on line store. He sold me my Revo and stocks a number of different brands. Hope this helps.
    He is also a Meg AND a rEvo instructor, so you will get a good overview of both.

Dive Aqaba Owner Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson's Avatar
    Pelagian

Dolphin, GAF

Both are useless if you cant purchase reliable cells...

I have had 3 AI cells installed at different times last no longer than 1 month all were less than 6 months old and sealed tested from Dive Gear express so Im reluctant to try more of these..I managed to get hold of some old Teledynes all sealed etc from the last batches sold...these are all OK and not current limited at all...I have also had some NRC cells new ones are slower to react than the old teledynes..I havent tried any maxtec cells yet...but seems a mixed response on this forum...

Basically its like no more durcell batteries available and we all have to use cheap standard batteries whatever we can find..

No so much an issue with an mCCR were the diver can make descision on breathing loop gas and the correctness of the cells and which cells are playing up using commen sense and the computer between their ears.

But this can me a major problem with eCCRs as APD have recognised..hence not recommending any cells yet and failing to resource or successfully manufacture their own in house...

So mCCRs are the way forward until a decent supply of O2 cells are available that can track to 2.00bar...

Apart from the teledynes...all others only designed to track to 1 bar so useless for diving purposes..Ok they work for a while but need to be checked on a regular basis...so cell checkers very useful..or can do at the start of a dive..problem with that is aborting the dive if the cells are stuffed..

I think we should make ALL the lawyers who screwed up this industry dive eCCRs with dodgy cells and then see how they feel!

apologies for rambling a bit off thread... I got a bunch of teledynes from rEVO diver as they have LOTS!

Providing good cells are available I would get a Meg for deep diving 300ft plus and a rEVO if you want to stay shallow and do photography for example as back mounted less clutter in front good for photography.

Rod
    Last edited by Rod Abbotson; 17th October 2011 at 16:26. Reason: going off thread

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Abbotson  View Original Post
    Both are useless if you cant purchase reliable cells...

Rod
    Rod, I don't think we have any problems with cells...

and, btw, the rEvo easy does +300ft

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

David Carden cardysnr is on a distinguished road cardysnr is on a distinguished road cardysnr's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Meg 2.7SW, AP Vision+, JJ-CCR

Sound advise, try dive different CCR's before purchasing if you can, my short list was the same two units, I'd certainly look at the JJ as well if I was looking now.

Factor in instructon & servicing/parts into the equation as well.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline  View Original Post
    Best to try dive both...if possible including assembly n disassembly, then, you'll see the difference.

Jacqueline

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by cardysnr  View Original Post
    Sound advise, try dive different CCR's before purchasing if you can, my short list was the same two units, I'd certainly look at the JJ as well if I was looking now.

David.

The guy's in the US. JJ is not an option yet. Still waiting.........

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Quote Originally Posted by cardysnr  View Original Post

David.
    Is there a JJ instructor in the states?

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

AFAIK there are no JJ-CCR dealers or instructors in the US. Training is through IART, with instructors listed in Europe, Asia and Australia. Many of us have been waiting a couple of years to get a good look at the JJ at either DEMA or BTS. But the company has stated that they will not enter the US market until they get all their ducks in line for instruction, sales, service, support, etc. I just haven't seen them making any inroads yet. It would probably be an onslaught they couldn't handle.