+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 6000 lumen video light set up

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

6000 lumen video light set up

Just about finished this for a customer. I just need to add the rotating ring that holds the magnet to activate the hall switch and it will be complete.

Its a twin head set up each with 3 Cree XML LED's 2.8amp driver and thermal protection switch.

Cables are terminated E/O style and can be used either from the customers scooter or battery cannister.

Since no optics are used the light is very even and wide at about 120 degrees.

Last edited by Packhorse; 13th October 2011 at 02:54.

RBW Member Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester's Avatar
    rEvo III Magnum

Re: 6000 lumen video light set up

Awesome! any pics of it working?

RBW Member kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver's Avatar
    evo+,deep pursuit

If Greg hurries up and sends it to the customer I will post some thing
    Looks good

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Not at this stage no.

But here is a (poorly edited) video where I was using a single 2 LED 2000 lumen version.

RBW Member Venomguy is an unknown quantity at this point Venomguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Packhorse  View Original Post
    Just about finished this for a customer. I just need to add the rotating ring that holds the magnet to activate the hall switch and it will be complete.

Its a twin head set up each with 3 Cree XML LED's 2.8amp driver and thermal protection switch.

Cables are terminated E/O style and can be used either from the customers scooter or battery cannister.

Looks very interesting,

is it 6000 lumin per LED unit ? (ie twins would be 12,000) and how does the LED capsule intergrate into the waterproof light head that mounts on the camera arms?

thanks

Andrew

rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Its 3000 lumen per light head ( 1000 per LED).

I think the simplest way is for it to be cable tied to a flexible arm.

RBW Member kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver will become famous soon enough kiwidiver's Avatar
    evo+,deep pursuit

I think I have something a little more elegant than cable ties sorted for attachment to the lockline.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Can you make them bigger? 15000 lumen.

Quote Originally Posted by Packhorse  View Original Post

Closed Account erikradstrom is an unknown quantity at this point erikradstrom's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

Nice solution, I´m working on a simular one but I have a longer stick with the led´s further apart.

What is the color temp?

rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    Can you make them bigger? 15000 lumen.
    Um let me think about that....

Hell yeah!!!!