Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Norway 2012, individuals & small groups - ccr bottles and bailout bottle incl.

RBW Member Kieran Hatton is on a distinguished road Kieran Hatton is on a distinguished road Kieran Hatton's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, Inspo, Meg, X-CCR

Norway 2012, individuals & small groups - ccr bottles and bailout bottle incl.

Hi Folks

I have 2 weeks booked [see dates below] for diving in Norway onboard the Halton in May next year; spaces are available for individuals, buddy pairs and small groups.

The boat will pick up and drop off in Bergen spending 6 days touring the classic Norwegian wrecks; this is world class wreck diving and the likelihood of weather interfering with your trip is as small as it possibly can be – the last time the boat went they lost NO diving days.

Likely wrecks are the Ferndale & Parat, Havda, Frankenwald, Oldenburg and I'd love us to get to the Helga Ferdinand if possible, there are of course many more wrecks though!

Cost for the trip is £995 per person, this includes
    6 days of diving and 7 nights accommodation onboard the Halton (arrive on Sat and leave on Sat).
    Full Board catering
    Air fills – Nitrox/O2/He is an extra

Cylinders – the idea is to make the diving accessible to you as it would be at home so with that in mind the price includes;
    either
    1 x single cylinder
    1 x 12l twinset
    2 x 3l CCR bottles plus 1 x ally bailout stage.
    If single or twinset divers also wish to have a stage or CCR divers an additional stage then it will be possible to rent these as an additional item.

There will be sofnalime to purchase onboard.

Dates for the first week are 27th May – 1st June 2012 - 2 spaces left (diving days, you arrive the day before and leave the day after)

Dates for the second week are 20th-25th May 2012 -lots of space (diving days, you arrive the day before and leave the day after), the trip will run as per all the details above and below.

I’m slowly building up some info on the diving on my webpage Norway 2012 .

Getting to Bergen;
    Unfortunately there is no longer a ferry from the UK, hence all the cylinders being onboard so flying is the only option.

As of 29th June 2011 a flight depating from London on 26th May 2012 and retuning on 2nd June 2012 works out as follows;

Return flight from Heathrow to Bergen with SAS Airlines £192.30 including taxes and 23kg of luggage.
    Excess Luggage works out as follows based on their sports equipment allowance;

Excess Luggage works out as follows based on their sports equipment allowance;
    An additional 23kg =
    30 euro each way with a max bag size of 158cm (length x width x depth)
    45 euro each way with a max bag size of 159-200cm (length x width x depth)
    90 euro each way with a max bag size of 201-277cm (length x width x depth)
    An additional 24-32kg =
    45 euro each way with a max bag size of 158cm (length x width x depth)
    68 euro each way with a max bag size of 159-200cm (length x width x depth)
    135 euro each way with a max bag size of 201-277cm (length x width x depth)

I think that is probably enough to digest in one post! If you would like any more info please don’t hesitate to ask, on here or info@divingindepth.co.uk .

To book, contact details as above and I’ll get a booking form to you; a completed booking for and 25% deposit secures your spot.

A pic of the Halton [sporting diver lift].

Cheers

Kieran

P.S. Why book onto an individual’s week?
    Well this/these weeks will happen once they are organized, whether there are 2 people onboard or 10 and you will still only be liable for your individual space NOT a share of the full boat charter.

Nick Cunningham-Moorat scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick is a jewel in the rough scunick's Avatar
    rEvo eXpedition

Inspiration Vision, Hammerhead

Re: Norway 2012, individuals & small groups - ccr bottles and bailout bottle incl.

You can spend a week just on the Oldenberg. For moderate depth trimix I think it is one of the GREAT wrecks in the area.
    We have just come back from two weeks with - Gulen Dive Resort and had a ball. They are breather friendly with access to tanks, stages, helium, oxygen and sorb.
    Some of the best cold water diving outside of Cape Town:) <= yes that is me being a little parochial

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

Re: Norway 2012, individuals & small groups - ccr bottles and bailout bottle incl.

Can you give a short description of each wreck for everyone to have a look at?

RBW Member Kieran Hatton is on a distinguished road Kieran Hatton is on a distinguished road Kieran Hatton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedSeaDiver  View Original Post
    Can you give a short description of each wreck for everyone to have a look at?
    I'll try and put a couple of video's in that I have come across on Vimeo, they are by North Sea Eplorers and they have done a great job.

Frankenwauld

Helga Ferdinand

Hopefully this has worked...

nope I can't embed them, worth a click though.

Kieran
    Last edited by Kieran Hatton; 5th October 2011 at 11:47.

RBW Member opheim is on a distinguished road opheim is on a distinguished road opheim's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Cool that our videos are appreciated :)

Feel free to ask if you need further info on the wrecks over here, or info on the diving.

br
    Hallvard Opheim
    Northsea Explorers

Quote Originally Posted by opheim  View Original Post
    Cool that our videos are appreciated :)

Feel free to ask if you need further info on the wrecks over here, or info on the diving.

br
    Hallvard Opheim
    Northsea Explorers
    Your video's are definately appreciated.

Thanks

Kieran

IANTD HH CCR & PSCR Inst mt.podgorczyk is an unknown quantity at this point mt.podgorczyk's Avatar
    HammerHead eCCR

3P PSCR

Hey,

Seem like a great trip. We did a similar cruise in June including all mentioned wrecks. Briefly speaking: great wrecks, incredible viz, easy water condition.

Here we have some photos from the trip:

divespot.pl - Bergen 06.2011 - Tymek
    divespot.pl - Wraki Bergen 2011 - Arek Labudda

Safe dive

Tym

Quote Originally Posted by mt.podgorczyk  View Original Post
    Hey,

Seem like a great trip. We did a similar cruise in June including all mentioned wrecks. Briefly speaking: great wrecks, incredible viz, easy water condition.

Here we have some photos from the trip:

divespot.pl - Bergen 06.2011 - Tymek
    divespot.pl - Wraki Bergen 2011 - Arek Labudda

Safe dive

Tym
    Fantastic photo's, thanks for sharing :).

Scapa Skipper bobanderson is an unknown quantity at this point bobanderson's Avatar

there was an article in Dive Magazine a while back:

Sleeping giants of Norway

that gives a good idea of the itinerary and what to expect. Winter and a bit of a quiet spell is approaching so I will put togetehr something shortly on my website and offer something a little more substantial.

HTH

Bob

Just looking at Flights and BMI[/URL] seem to have some good deals from Heathrow to Bergen direct.

Their luggage allowance includes hand luggage and 20kg of hold luggage.
    You can add an extra 20kg of sport equipment for £30 each way and up this to 32kg for a further £30 each way.
    Based on the quote I just got you could fly direct to Bergen and back for about £160 with 40kg plus hand luggage or £220 with 52kg plus hand luggage.

* the second of the weeks 27th May - 1st June has a single space and there are 6 spaces 20th-25th May*

Cheers
    Kieran

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast