+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Diving a Waterproof D1 Hybrid Dry Suit

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Anyone Diving a Waterproof D1 Hybrid Dry Suit

Is there anyone diving one of these suits and can give me your opinion on it.

It has a fancy built in liner/insulation but there isn't much info on how much thermal insulation it has compared to a normal underliner.

It looks like a great suit so I am keen to hear about it.

Thanks.

Lance

Arthur Pridham chewie525 will become famous soon enough chewie525 will become famous soon enough chewie525 will become famous soon enough chewie525 will become famous soon enough chewie525's Avatar

Re: Anyone Diving a Waterproof D1 Hybrid Dry Suit

Hi Lance

I tried it on at oztech the only thing what put me off was they told me there was problems fitting a pee valve because of the lining they said it can be done but the integrity would not be guaranteed!!!!
    This is what waterproof told me so I can only go by that but they are very comfortable and by all accounts you don't get a squeeze at all??

Chewie
    Last edited by chewie525; 27th September 2011 at 15:49.

RBW Member steve6690 has a spectacular aura about steve6690 has a spectacular aura about steve6690 has a spectacular aura about steve6690 has a spectacular aura about steve6690 has a spectacular aura about steve6690's Avatar
    AP Inspiration Vision

They look very good in the flesh. The inner lining is a mesh that maintains an air gap between the inside of the suit and your under suit. Google "3d mesh fabric".
    The new Fourth Element Halo undersuit uses the same technology.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

RBW Member offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro's Avatar
    rEvo, FGT, Boris

Meg

I think you need one of these to dry the suit over night...

Rocketman packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

i tried one earlier in the year... didn't like it

u need HUGE amounts of weight to sink it and the 3d mesh is very scratchy

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar

Thanks for the input Guys......I saw them at OZTeK also and thought they looked good but not practical for tropical diving as I dive dry even in the tropics.

I am heading over to the US next month and it's going to be damn cold and I thought it might be a better option than my CLX450........But I have dry gloves and a quilted underliner which might work better!!!

If anyone has one and is diving it, I'd like to hear your thought.

Thanks,

Lance

Megman armed with DeepRed opimoby is on a distinguished road opimoby is on a distinguished road opimoby's Avatar
    Cave Megalodon ,Shearwater

Hey Lance you looked very sexy in the one you tried on today.

RBW Member STRESSPOINT is an unknown quantity at this point STRESSPOINT's Avatar
    Meg/Kiss

Modified dolphin ccr

Hey Lance been diving one for about two months very comfy to wear silicon seals are awesome and very easy to replace in melbourne in 11 degree water i only wear a sharkskin underneath and very warm so comfy warm very well made only issue is need around 3 extra kilos lead to compensate for the lining
    would i buy again yes

Quote Originally Posted by STRESSPOINT  View Original Post
    Hey Lance been diving one for about two months very comfy to wear silicon seals are awesome and very easy to replace in melbourne in 11 degree water i only wear a sharkskin underneath and very warm so comfy warm very well made only issue is need around 3 extra kilos lead to compensate for the lining
    would i buy again yes
    Thanks for the info.......They seem like a great suit and I am keen to get some time diving one.

How do you get on when the integrated liner gets wet...Is it removable or do you turn it inside out as best you can.

Thanks,

Lance

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

I just took delivery on mine. The internal mesh is removable for warmer water diving.

Holy resurrection Lazarus, I just saw the OP date...
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast