+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New sidemount/bob ccr in action

Cave nut!
    Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris's Avatar
    rEVO

KISS, Flex, Satori, Mk15.5, ++

Re: New sidemount/bob ccr in action

Great video and nice looking unit...well done and thanks for sharing.

I wonder if you would be better moving your O2 just in front of the unit if you are going to do any really tight stuff as it looks like a catch point.

You certainly look good on it!

We have been playing with converting the Satori to side mount and also to CCR (Craig Challen in Perth has nearly finished this mod). I have really struggled with the won with the low bellows CL in the s/m position, but Craig seems to be having more success.

Sartori Rebreather - Wet Mules

and

Sidemount Sartori rebreather - Wet Mules

Cheers
    Last edited by Richard Harris; 29th September 2011 at 03:45.

RBW Member Toddycave is an unknown quantity at this point Toddycave's Avatar
    Megalodon / SF2 Sidemount CCR

Buddy Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by gerstl_ossi  View Original Post
    Hi Toddy, nice streamline configuration. I find it a good Idea to fix the Rebreather with two boltsnaps on the lower part to have it always on the same place. So it easy to find the best position for a good WOB. I did some test on a PSCR Sidemount in a pool times ago and fixed it with only one boltsnap and the WOB changed as the rebreater went up and down wile swiming.
    PS: Maybe You remember, I did my fullcave in Tulum-Mexico with Big Ben and did some dives with You too many Years ago. Was great diving there. I'm often in Sardinia for Wreckdiving in Villasimius, I think also next Year. Maybe I will drive up to Cala Ganone sometime to make I dive together, would be great.
    Gre Ossi
    Hy Ossi, great yes pass by and i show you great cave diving here in sardinia, you will be impressed believe me . I think the 2 point fixation is really important, it happens with me the first dives, than i start to play with the unit...i found the right balance on weight and 2 point fixation and there is just a bit to stabilize the unit, but easy to do. Important was to found out the wight below, that was the goal, after couple of dives i getting closer to the right weight you need. When you are here next year i show you the next level of the unit, some great details we done ) take care and pass by in cala gonone.

RBW Member Toddycave is an unknown quantity at this point Toddycave's Avatar
    Megalodon / SF2 Sidemount CCR

Buddy Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Harris  View Original Post
    Great video and nice looking unit...well done and thanks for sharing.

I wonder if you would be better moving your O2 just in front of the unit if you are going to do any really tight stuff as it looks like a catch point.

You certainly look good on it!

We have been playing with converting the Satori to side mount and also to CCR (Craig Challen in Perth has nearly finished this mod). I have really struggled with the won with the low bellows CL in the s/m position, but Craig seems to be having more success.

Sartori Rebreather - Wet Mules

and

Sidemount Sartori rebreather - Wet Mules

Cheers
    Hy Richard,

Thats right, tight stuff...better in front, but so far to go thru a restriction with that unit is quit no problem and the tank is protected because he is up side down. I done some couple of restriction diving here and so far it is good. There is anyway a limit with the unit you want to go there and breath from it so better keep in mind change to oc instead of struggling. I can go with that unit to places where many ccr divers would not go through it. There is almost no unit on the market how is streamlined like this one, so many caves to go where you cant go before with a ccr )) thats why we build it as well.

Have good ccr diving and i will check out the links you send to me, thank you

Toddy

RBW Member diverdad is an unknown quantity at this point diverdad's Avatar
    Modified Inspiration Classic

I like the idea of having the counterlung in the bottom of the can, what are the bellows made of?

Thanks

Lee

RBW Member osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris's Avatar
    HH INSPO HYBRIB BASTARDISED MK

KISS/IDA64/72/60/Mk15/Cobra

Great work as usual, Paco!

RBW Member tm_rthrfrd is on a distinguished road tm_rthrfrd is on a distinguished road tm_rthrfrd's Avatar
    KISS explorer #473

Discovery Mk VI, TOMBOB

Nice work, can I please ask why you have your hoses coming out of the head at that direction? I am a big advocate for straight out from a protection point of view and not at 90 degrees.

Meg dealer / IT MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto's Avatar
    Meg, Pathfinder, Sentinel, MK6

Optima and Inspiration

Hey Toddy,

Congrats buddy, looks the unit is almost like you want .
    Send my greetings to Mr. T and Frank, enjoy the unit.
    Cheers,
    Michael Netto - www.megalodonbrasil.com.br
    ISC Megalodon CCR Dealer and IT
    Sentinel and Cislunar MK6 CCR Instructor
    IANTD and TDI CCR Trimix and CCR Cave Instructor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2